Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I learned today that the AOD mount looks as if it was diagonally sliced. Is this mount supposed to have a ton of play in it compared to a C6 trans mount? I tried to check out Auto Zone but they didn't have one on the shelf I could look at or feel. Thanks!

·
Like them tires spinnin'
846 Posts
Well I learned today that the AOD mount looks as if it was diagonally sliced. Is this mount supposed to have a ton of play in it compared to a C6 trans mount? I tried to check out Auto Zone but they didn't have one on the shelf I could look at or feel. Thanks!
Yea, I've dealt with the AOD tranny mount game before. They are a weird design. The parts store ones wouldn't line up with the holes and I didn't want to wait on Ford ordering the correct mount. I think we cut the holes out and welded washers to line up the bolts to the tranny. The rubber in the mount is pretty stiff but I don't know how it compares to c6's. I hope you have better luck than I did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.