1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
They were from my 1990 2wd f-150 to my 88 bronco

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It all depends on what year and model you are looking at. A 70 model car or truck would have a front sump pan but the 80 and up trucks are all rear sump pans. Keep in mind that a 4x2 truck can be converted into a 4x4 truck using the same frame where as 79 and earlier this is not the case. Early model mustangs also had front sump pans.

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
The early Bronco 289/302 oil pans are rear sump pans. The Mustang 5.0 pan closely resembles the earlier rear sump 4x4 pan

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have been more specific. I'm putting a 302 motor from an '88 4x4 truck into a 1990 2wd truck. They looked the same with the motors in the truck(s), but I was replacing the pan gasket on the motor I pulled from the 4x4. I just wanted to make sure that the oil pans were compatible before I installed the new gasket.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
A truck is a truck is a truck. The only time you should wonder if an oil pan will work is if you going from a car to a truck or visa versa...as far as I know.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RTM said:
Cool! The only thing I really didn't like about this truck (besides it having a bad motor) was that it is 2wd. I thought I was just going to have to SAS it, although that seems like a better option than putting in a TTB only to SAS at a later time.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
waltman said:
A truck is a truck is a truck. The only time you should wonder if an oil pan will work is if you going from a car to a truck or visa versa...as far as I know.
79 and earlier were front sump pans, from what I recall. I know the 460 was a front sump pan in my buddys 79 460 truck. Of course this is in a 4x2 truck not a 4x4 as 79 and ealry trucks used sepereate frames from 4x2 to 4x4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts