Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the 95+ Manual Lever Position Sensors are known to go bad like the earlier ones.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
They ALL can go bad.

I believe the only difference between the 94- and the 94+ ones were the connectors, the internals probably didn't change, and are susceptible to failure just like any other electronic component.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley!

I dunno, if the rest of the MLPS was designed well, and just the connector area was prone to water leakage, why would they redesign the way the internals worked... would cost more then just putting a weather-pack connector and new plug on the harness, and if that's all that it took to solve the water problem, I'm sure that's all Ford would probably consider spending money on to fix.

But that was just my impression, that the only problem with it was the plug design... Thanks for the information Steve. :thumbup

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Nothing makes me think the leak was ONLY at the connector, but I've never held two side by side, or taken them apart to look inside... Nothing would make me think they wouldn't leak only at the connector.

:scratchhe I think that came out right.

Got a side by side of the old/new style ones Steve?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Yeah, I didn't think I said what I meant to say right... :toothless

Okay, I see now about the rivets and the O ring type seal.

:thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Ford did upgrade to the digital MLPS in 1997-98
But ya can't swap between them however, the older ECM's don't suport the dig-MLPS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts