Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any spray on liners that will hold up to rocks and trees. I read on this site that Line-x comes off with rocks but how bout some of the other products.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
any liner will scratch and peel if you drag it on the rocks, just rattle can whatever you thinking about lining. much easier to touch up

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about other things like tree branches and stuff, does it resist that pretty good:shrug

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
the problem with spayed on bedliner on the body is that it isnt applied thick enough. but if it was sprayed thick enough, it would screw alot of stuff up (fit of panels, lights, stuff like that). i can hit my rhinoliner with linex all day with a pitchfork (yeee-haw!) and nothing will happen. If you got your rockers done thick enough, im sure it will hold up for a long time. its got a lifetime warantee, so why not?

·
Registered
769 Posts
there is some roll on stuff at menards for like $60-80 and it is really rough and will cut your hand it you rub it hard enough and its hard to scratch off especially with more than one coat

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
just remember with whatever you use, if you incur any body damage and bend a panel it will crack off .. be sure you prep well and use something that is a little flexable to conform to the dent if it ever happens

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
just to sound like the hick i am :toothless ...i bought the cheap duplicolor from walmart in a gallon can and also bought spray cans for touch up...i was thinking i was going to clean my bed down to bare metal, that idea worked for about 5 mins then i got tired of paint dust sticking to me...so i just went over it real quick with a grinder and 30grit sandpaper on it....it adhered real well and the only time it comes off is where i carried some i beams in the bead for a week or so....i love the shit...spray it over rust even :beer

B

·
0 Posts
I use dupli colors black in large tall spray cans on my sliders and bumpers. Holds-up better than paint and is easy to touch-up. I got some roll on tinted to match my interior when I did it. Not as good as the thick spray ons (not spray cans). Be sure to ruff-up the surface for prep or it will pop off easy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts