Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a direct fit catalytic converter for my 96 5.8 bronco, but this is what i ended up getting in the mail. a direct fit setup for a 96 5.0 . My question is can i just weld on some threaded retainers for the 02 sensors, weld up the unused holes and just install it in my truck or is there something different about these catalytic converters that i shouldnt install them?

this is what i got

this is what i needed

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
No, b/c the 5.8 block is taller and wider.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
You could cut out the cats themselves (BOTH of them) & weld them into your Y-pipe, but I'd return the whole mess & get the right part.
Exactly considering it probably cost well over $500.

·
Registered
904 Posts
do that and isntead of getting a brand new dual cat setup buy a high flow single cat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thats what i was wondering if the cats were the same. The y pipe didnt bolt up exactly. i just i received the wrong part and was going to make it fit rather than spend the shipping fee to return it. I was attempting to restore the bronco to stock condition, but i am going to go with the high flow single cat for now. thanks for your help.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
Dude...if they fawked up tell them they can stick the shipping fee in their y pipe.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

I'd call my credit card company and have them kick the charge. Then I'd call Magnaflow and ask them if they'd like their Y pipe setup that they gave to me for free back, and let them know where to send the return shipping label to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts