Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question is; are the factory gauges on a 95 bronco replaceable, like the oil pressure or would you have to replace the cluster? Yes I know there not very accurate, however the Foxy Lady wants Her Bronco fixed!! rather than hang a real one on:banghead. I did ground out the wire thats goes to the sender and it appears gauge is bad, would not go to high, just wiggle a little, far to the left. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Red, I think I'll try it. Hope taking the cluster out and removing the gauge isn't to difficult, hate to destroy it.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
the gauge is only an indication that there is enough oil to fill up the oil passage. Do a search and you will find a replacement by steve 83 for a real gauge, not one that goes to the a in normal. my truck had a hole in the oilpan and the gauge said normal even though the valves were clacking. Want to see the photo of my engine on a hoist? My old engine anyway. its a good time to fix it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i was going to replace my stock gauges with aftermarket ones, but it just seemed like too much of a pain. the stock gauges are wired with a film that would be a pain in the butt to cut around to put the aftermarket gauges in the same place.

·
Super Moderator
26,300 Posts
yo!
I was thinking...of buying one of those Trans Am hood mounted (tach) pods and using it for an oil press gauge (mech); so as to keep tubing out of cab.
There was a line item for da pod in year-one, but it was discontinued...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts