Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my first step of progress on getting the my 1980 bronco going today.. I rented a borescope and I checked out the fuel tank, I couldn't get it to focus but I didn't see any rust color so I think I'm good there. Although when I was checking the combustion chambers (I only checked three cause I ran out of light), I noticed cylinder 5 had some scratches on the cylinder wall
Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Communication Device Multimedia

Now I checked 2 other cylinders, however the piston was too high to get a view of the walls, so I'm not sure if they look the same or not. I do plan on putting some motor oil in the cylinders and letting it soak in to prevent any piston ring damage, just as a precaution as it has been sitting around 12 years. Is this cause for concern?

Also, while I was underneath the bronco I saw some weird bracket with lots of springs right above the driveshaft underneath where the rear sit would sit. It is in the center of the following picture:

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive exterior Bumper

Im really not sure what it is. I don't think it has anything to do with the parking brake cable? Although it may be worth mentioning that the parking brake cable that goes from the driver's side to the passenger side isn't bolted down anywhere. There is a clip on the cable next to the differential, but I'm not sure where it bolts in to and I don't wanna mess with the bolts on the diff unless I'm certain in doing the right thing.

This was kind of a long post so thanks for your help.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay well glad to hear your opinion on the scratches.

I didn't know the bronco had just a single exhaust pipe. It uses to be my grandpa's, he must have redone the whole exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts