Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:popc1:

ok i have never owned a 351w or m or cleveland... i am going to buy used motor from bone yard, (no one on here has one i guess). i have had a 302 in every ford i have owned, 79 t-bird,87fsb,88fsb,89,fsb and current 91fsb.. so i am thinking of swapping out the 302 for a 351, so will the e40d work with the 351 and will the exhaust manifolds work on the 351? this swap if it will work can only cost as much as the engine cost,, if they dont then its back to the 302 :drinkbud :beer :box0715:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
351W, M, and C are three different birds. You'll need the 351W if you want to do the swap. You'll also need to change out the computer, which can be done for about $100-$150 for a reman or cheaper if you're good at hunting down parts.

Try searching for "351W swap" here, it's a popular swap, and all the info should be there. :thumbup

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Your not the first person to think of swapping in a 351..... go with Chucks idea and use this

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
RLKBOB said:
Quick answer is no, it can't be done for just the cost of the engine.
Agreed.

It can be done, for sure. Crazed and many others have done it. And I think they would say the exact same thing. "if it's going to cost more than the cost of the motor then it's not happening (more or less)"....then the simple answer is drop another 302 in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts