Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damnit they are expensive...

been looking to buy one to replace my DD '00 Ranger...

the ranger is a 2000 4 banger 5spd 2wd with 141K miles in pretty good condition. Kbb is around 3500 for it.

'89 Toyota 4wd 22RE... about the same miles... looking at 4500 minimum... and the ones ive seen around that price are beat up... wtf :doh0715:

then go look at the '00 Toyota Tacos, hello 10K and above.

pretty sad on ford's part.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
i bo0ught a little toyota celica, and now ive got a re occuring speedo/vss problem. its starting to piss me off. only when its wet, hello wiring issue.

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a '90 Camry long time ago... 275K on it or something... still got 40mpg.

I just need a small 4wd truck i will not be buying another ranger.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
mine needs plugs and wires, prolly an air filter too..... why not another ranger?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
im communist, got beef?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
neither do i, i was just re-assuring you of your rediculous statement.

now that thats cleared up....

i know the new yota's are expensive. but howcome you wouldnt get a 4wd ranger? and is your 4cyl a 2.3?

·
wanna suck my
1,697 Posts
Down the Street, On 20th there is that RED Yota for sale the guy wants 4k for it it has 78k on the new motor. Its an 87 4x4.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
People think that Toyotas are indestructible. Like Fram and K&N, they have had excellent marketing over the years, and everyone and their mother thinks that just because something has the little Toyota bull symbol on it it'll last forever. The price of the vehicle is adjusted accordingly.

In the 70's and early 80's, Toyota did put out a quality pickup. These days, they have little to brag about, IMO.

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lookin for a USED one... in the 90s...

neither do i, i was just re-assuring you of your rediculous statement.

now that thats cleared up....

i know the new yota's are expensive. but howcome you wouldnt get a 4wd ranger? and is your 4cyl a 2.3?
Its a 2.5L 5spd. Cant get out of 4th gear if i pull a 4 wheeler on a trailer. As soon as i put it in 5th doing 75-80, she wont hold it there, slowly goes back down till it starts boggin again.

woo-hoo for 90RWHP :doh0715:

fawk toyotas.....they used to make a good product.now there's is no different than every other pos made, with a huge pricetag.
looking at used ones... 89 and up... i dont care about new cars, they all suck.

Down the Street, On 20th there is that RED Yota for sale the guy wants 4k for it it has 78k on the new motor. Its an 87 4x4.
its carbed and over priced.

·
Banned
495 Posts
everyone that buys a toyota should have a black mark put on their record so the government can keep an eye on them.

ray

·
wanna suck my
1,697 Posts
Alright ray how about you keep your Views to your self for a wile. Thank you. But i Guess since i Drive an Isuzu i am communist too right? But Hey I guess that since i like my truck to last past 200k, get 400+ miles to a tank of gas, be easy to fix, and be as tough as a tank is a communist way to think right? Dude the cold war is over, So go back your little bomb shelter and wait for the Nucks to start flying.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Alright ray how about you keep your Views to your self for a wile. Thank you. But i Guess since i Drive an Isuzu i am communist too right? But Hey I guess that since i like my truck to last past 200k, get 400+ miles to a tank of gas, be easy to fix, and be as tough as a tank is a communist way to think right? Dude the cold war is over, So go back your little bomb shelter and wait for the Nucks to start flying.
iszu's come in gm trucks they call it a duramax.. we still have allot of stuff left over from the cold war here in alaska.

Ray

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
People think that Toyotas are indestructible. Like Fram and K&N, they have had excellent marketing over the years, and everyone and their mother thinks that just because something has the little Toyota bull symbol on it it'll last forever. The price of the vehicle is adjusted accordingly.

In the 70's and early 80's, Toyota did put out a quality pickup. These days, they have little to brag about, IMO.
Couldn't agree more

One of the reasons I drive a FS Bronco and Lincoln Town Car was low re-sale, meaning "I bought them for a low initial price".

Nascarfreak

I understand that your Ranger, the way it is equipped, is not doing the job, but there's no need to support Toyota and rape your wallet needlessly.

Ford is still the biggest truck maker in North America and you can get a Ranger equipped to do what you want it to do.

They come with two larger V-6s and now they even come with the 3 valve 4.6 litre (in the Ranger based Sport Trac).

You can get 4 and 5 speed manuals and 3, 4 and 5 speed autos. 2WD or 4WD, long box, short box, flare side boxes, fleet side boxes, 2 doors, extra cabs, 4 doors.

That's just Rangers. Maybe you need a full size pick up. Toyota can hold a candle to Ford there (yet, until people make enough money for Toyota to develop their FS trucks).

Toyota doesn't have all those options and combos.

You have to be brutally honest with yourself on what you do with your truck and then pick the small V-6, with the 5 speed manual and kiss the bigger thirstier engines good bye and retire, trade or deal the wrong truck (which you bought in the first place).

Don't throw the baby Ford out with the bathwater.

Toyotas may not be communist but everyone you buy gives them more R&D money to after the FS truck market.

We ARE at war with Japan, and economic war, we are losing thanks to all those tools in your neighbourhood who keep buying them new and not supporting North American manufacturers.

They fight dirty and do not reciprocate fairly (ask an congressman) and do not respect official US trade agreements.

Do NOT buy Toyotas or any other Nipponese vehicles !:twak They are going after the big three and will leave you just like Australia (with almost no domestic car/truck industry).

The truck you need is built by each of the big three (in many combinations). Do some more homework.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
402 Posts
How would buying a used truck give the Japs more money? Don't they just make money from the initial sale? (not including maintence and what not)

Ranger's are def. cheaper but the older Toyota's can rack some miles up and still truck right along. I guess it all boils down to what you're willing to pay and what you really need.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Couldn't agree more

One of the reasons I drive a FS Bronco and Lincoln Town Car was low re-sale, meaning "I bought them for a low initial price".

Nascarfreak

I understand that your Ranger, the way it is equipped, is not doing the job, but there's no need to support Toyota and rape your wallet needlessly.

Ford is still the biggest truck maker in North America and you can get a Ranger equipped to do what you want it to do.

They come with two larger V-6s and now they even come with the 3 valve 4.6 litre (in the Ranger based Sport Trac).

You can get 4 and 5 speed manuals and 3, 4 and 5 speed autos. 2WD or 4WD, long box, short box, flare side boxes, fleet side boxes, 2 doors, extra cabs, 4 doors.

That's just Rangers. Maybe you need a full size pick up. Toyota can hold a candle to Ford there (yet, until people make enough money for Toyota to develop their FS trucks).

Toyota doesn't have all those options and combos.

You have to be brutally honest with yourself on what you do with your truck and then pick the small V-6, with the 5 speed manual and kiss the bigger thirstier engines good bye and retire, trade or deal the wrong truck (which you bought in the first place).

Don't throw the baby Ford out with the bathwater.

Toyotas may not be communist but everyone you buy gives them more R&D money to after the FS truck market.

We ARE at war with Japan, and economic war, we are losing thanks to all those tools in your neighbourhood who keep buying them new and not supporting North American manufacturers.

They fight dirty and do not reciprocate fairly (ask an congressman) and do not respect official US trade agreements.

Do NOT buy Toyotas or any other Nipponese vehicles !:twak They are going after the big three and will leave you just like Australia (with almost no domestic car/truck industry).

The truck you need is built by each of the big three (in many combinations). Do some more homework.

Sixlitre

my hero! well said! U sir are a respectible man!

Ray:beer

1 - 20 of 82 Posts