Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clocked at 92, but he wrote me a tick for 80 in a 70...god thing i was slowing down, i know they can give ya wreckless driving for goign 100 or more. I wasn't even keeping pace with the truck in front of me, but of course he had to pull over a car. I was on US131 btw. Funny thing was since i was headed back to school, i had half a 6 pack of leinekugels berry weiss on my pass floor, didn't think anything of it until he ask if i was drinking. I was like no that was from last night since my dad bought it for me. HArd to find it anywhere, I was waiting for him to have me jump out and do the sobriety test.:duh

So how much did your insurances go up? I don't have anything else on my record. Only been warned a million times in HS when i drove my firebird for speeding. Plannin on callin the courthouse tomorow and seeing if i can take the class bs and get it off my license, even though it is about an 1hr awya where it happened, but cheaper in the long run.

There goes money for my truck:banghead

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
One ticket won't usually affect your insurance. And up here, you can plead poverty at the courthouse and get the fine reduced, and/or payment plans.

Around here, it takes three tickets, or a major (i.e. accident, reckless, dui, etc), to bump your insurance.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
here if we take Traffic school (for tickets lower then 25 over the speed limit), it doesnt go on your record and insurance doesnt go up.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
eh i know that feeling it sucks, my insurance idk cause i didn have insurance at the time

i got pulled over doing 80 in 55, and running a red light, having outa state plates and license, knocked the speeding charge off and left me with just "Failure to obey a traffic control device"

how much yea gotta pay? or you dont know yet?

i had to pay $205 i think

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Wtf are you doing driving without insurance?

It may be a bogus setup, but if you can't pay the insurance, then don't be putting money into the gas tank.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
85f150 said:
I wasn't even keeping pace with the truck in front of me, but of course he had to pull over a car.
When I was driving through Nevada I would really appreciate that. I could be going along at 85mph in the 75 zone and cops wouldn't even stop me. But if a car was going along with me at that speed they always got stopped. .........happend every time. I laughed about it then, but now that I don't drive no more it sucks

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Tickets suck, I haven't had a clean driving record in almost ten years. As it stands right now I have 3 tickets and one moving violation on my record.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
countryboy79mi said:
Where about on 131?
North of Grand Rapids. Kent county is about all i can read on the ticket....

Saurian said:

It may be a bogus setup, but if you can't pay the insurance, then don't be putting money into the gas tank.
Huh?, i have insurance, even though in reality it won't help me any if there is an accident since michigan in a no fault state.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Saurian said:

I lived in nh at the time

NH does not require insurance to drive. driving NY, means outa state. so yea loop hole to the insurance thing, but i got it now that i live in ny :thumbup

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
85f150 said:
Clocked at 92
Dummy! :twak

Oh, and BTW, the insurance company can do what they want. :thumbup

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
Don't know what the fines are in your area, but the last ticket I got in SF for missing a "no turn on red" cost me $271 + court + traffic school. It didn't go on my record, but my wallet was much lighter after. That was back in like '98, right after I got my bronco.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just called them, 76 bucks for 10 over. And 2 points on the license...It didn't sound like a could take a class but i am goin to call back later when i get someone that can actually speak english and see if i can somehow get the points off the license.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
thats the best way to go, having points on your license sucks, and its there for 3 yrs now. im not sure so dont complain if im wrong.

course thats why i speed outa state, cant get points on your license if your pulled over in a different state, yet your wallet pays a little more in the end.

What really works is when you just move to a new state, have everything but your truck and your license convereted, and you get pulled over, still no points but not as bad as a ticket.

·
Banned
1,691 Posts
hahahah i've been on a bad ticket spree lately, i'm going to court on the third of may to fight the last one, but since oct i have gotten a photo radar ticket, a no seat belt ticket, expired registration ticket and my favourite of all, traveling at an unsafe speed yet they didn't clock me so that is why i'm going to court to fight it.

good luck bud hopefully you get at least get the fine reduced

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fudged, i talked to a different person, No way to reduce points in michigan....so guess the ole insurance is going to jump up, oh well it was fun for awhil ehaving 2 vehicles insured at the same time...can't decide whether the cheaper insurance for the truck wins in the long run over high gas or high insurance and high mpg is better with the car.

anyways i asked about the trper that pulled me over and she said he is a nut job and makes sure to show up at all court dates. And brings a bunch of evidence and other bs.....maybe i will slow down :brownbag

·
Registered
231 Posts
The points stay on for 2 years for speeding, accidents and such are 3 yrs from what I've been told. Don't talk to your ins. company, and likely they will not have any reason to check your record. I have 6pts on now and still get the safe driving discount from ins.
Troopers by the rockford post north of GR are jerks. They pulled me over for having my gas cap behind the lic. plate on my 80 Grand Prix. Then they wanted to search the car for weapons and stuff. Durh yea we have guns we're going to Deer Camp!! No tickets or anything, just being a jerk and had to sit on the side of the road for 20min.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
85f150 said:
Fudged, i talked to a different person, No way to reduce points in michigan....so guess the ole insurance is going to jump up, oh well it was fun for awhil ehaving 2 vehicles insured at the same time...can't decide whether the cheaper insurance for the truck wins in the long run over high gas or high insurance and high mpg is better with the car.

anyways i asked about the trper that pulled me over and she said he is a nut job and makes sure to show up at all court dates. And brings a bunch of evidence and other bs.....maybe i will slow down :brownbag
Price a lawyer or paralegal or those retire cop places

They'll represent you for free if'n they fail to beat the ticket for you. Also, follow that good advice; don't say $h!t to yer insurance company.

I wracked up over 43 demerit points in my younger years, all attributed to speeding and my insurance never once went up because of it.

Of course, looking at it another way, my younger antics may very well be the cause of insurnace companies cracking down on younger people today :toothless

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 28 Posts