Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I allready have my headers, but want to run dual exaust out the rear of my '85. My buddy got an Ealy Bronco done for $300, with generic cherry bombs. I called around but all the prices they are giving me are outragous. I did say I wanted flowmaster 40's but I guess that could be my problem. One place I called said that I would have to put on dual catbacks... were I live I do not have to have emmisions or inspections, so would that effect anything? Does anyone have any experiances with exaust shops in Arizona? I'm looking to spend around $300 to get everything done from headers back.

Any help would be great.

Colten

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
EB is way differant. are your headers shortys or long tubes ?? go to apache muffler, mad hatter muffler, Wades. I have a friend that would do it for you too. Im doing my own right now I am going to post pics of it when its done (tonight hopefully) go to lopers to buy a muffler I bought mine there for 35$ I know people there but I dont think youll pay more than 45$ for one.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had Lopers ( in Phoenix) do my duals. They ran 2 1/2 inch pipe from the headers with dual maganaflow cats and two 40 series flowmaster and ran the pipes on the back side of each tire. I paid $600 about a year 1/2 ago.
I got a few pics of the exhuast if you want to see.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Emilio said:
I had Lopers ( in Phoenix) do my duals. They ran 2 1/2 inch pipe from the headers with dual maganaflow cats and two 40 series flowmaster and ran the pipes on the back side of each tire. I paid $600 about a year 1/2 ago.
I got a few pics of the exhuast if you want to see.
I would love to see some. Email me at [email protected]

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
Mesa Muffler has a sweet tubing bender that maintains the diameter (i forgot what the hell kind of bender thats called... mandrel?) and allows for a pretty snug exhaust setup. make sur eyou go as high clearance as you can, and if you plan on any real wheelin, make sure its out of the way of the rear leaf packs!:toothless

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
84x4bronco said:
Mesa Muffler has a sweet tubing bender that maintains the diameter (i forgot what the hell kind of bender thats called... mandrel?) and allows for a pretty snug exhaust setup. make sur eyou go as high clearance as you can, and if you plan on any real wheelin, make sure its out of the way of the rear leaf packs!:toothless
]

any decent exhuast shop should use a mandrel bender......

Ive had good luck with mighty muffler in phx

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dustin said:
any decent exhuast shop should use a mandrel bender......

Ive had good luck with mighty muffler in phx
Thanks, I'll call them too. I might just break down and do it myself. I mean it's not like I dont have the tools and material to do it...:beer . I was just wanted to be lazy and have someone else do it for me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I second the Mighty Muffler.

I've had them do the exhaust on 5 different vehicles. My current Bronco, and muscle cars.

Its been a while, but they've always done good work in the past when I've used em.

Make sure you call Mighty Muffler and not Might Automotive. Totally different places even though they were located right next to each other.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just had mine done from the headers back. The guy reused my cats and completely redid everything else. Did a great job and all for under $300.00.

Discount Muffler
5308 N 59th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85301 - 6754

(623) 915-1504

Click it! If you dare.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yoyodyne2112 said:
I just had mine done from the headers back. The guy reused my cats and completely redid everything else. Did a great job and all for under $300.00.

Discount Muffler
5308 N 59th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85301 - 6754

(623) 915-1504

Click it! If you dare.
SWWEET!!! That was exactly what I was looking for. I'll give them a call right now! And I dont have to have cats, so I might just do it myself because I dont think any shop will not put them on.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have a 86 bko with shorty headers and pro muffler on like 88th ave and bell rd did mine with dual 2 1/2 pipe and flowmaster delta flow 40 series with turn downs at the rear diff and 2 o2 sensor bungs for like 325 but that was with no cats. he does good work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts