Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
ok... went to YouTube and searched that phrase. Got this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3VQpk48fUE

Unfortunately... that one isn't telling me what I'm most curious about. I got a complete armrest, with the cable still connected.

Like so many other vids and postings I've found, most are centered around "repairing" many of the broken ones.
Even Steve83's supermotors (where I got the diagram above) doesn't show me enough.

My ignorance is based on how/where the bolt at the end of the cable connects / anchors in with the seat.

My '95 didn't come with any armrests installed. They were removed when a previous owner installed the center jump-seat.
So... I don't have anything to remove and figure this out either.
hey, just fixed my sagging armrest! thanks boys!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know this is an old post but I'm having the same problem. Found a repair part on Bronco Graveyard that replaces the OEM bracket that breaks on 92 - 96 Broncos.

Reactions: elovlie

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
59 Posts
yo, I agree w/TG...
Arm Rest Bracket Repairs in a 94
Source: by R94broncoXTL (Ryan) at 1994 Ford Bronco Broken arm rest pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Arm Rest Bracket Repairs, from a 90 in a 93
Source: by Billingslee (Bronco Bill) at 90 arm rest turned to a 93 (15 pics)
Next is from da
1996 F-150, F-250, F-350, F-Super Duty and Bronco Workshop Manual DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Armrest
Disassembly
Remove the armrest by unscrewing the two (2) armrest retaining screws on either side of the armrest bracket.
Pull the armrest out of the bracket by carefully unhooking the retaining tabs on either side of the armrest.
Unscrew the screw retaining the armrest cable to the armrest.
Untrim the armrest by unzipping the armrest cover at the back of the armrest.
Unscrew the screw retaining the armrest cable to the armrest.
Assembly
Follow the disassembly procedures in reverse order.
@miesk5
I have a 1990 Bronco that currently does not have the arm rests installed. I am in the middle of rebuilding and just ordered new seat upholstery from Stock Interiors and just confirmed that the kit comes with arm rest covers. So...i would like to go to the local JY to find some to give to my shop to put on.
A.) Do all seats have mounting brackets to receive/add/bolt on factory arm rests?
B.) Which arm rests are interchangeable with my Bronco?
C.) When i find the arm rests from the JY, what other parts or brackets should i take from the doner?

Thank you,
~Erik

·
Super Moderator
26,022 Posts
Edit due to poor typing
Yo Erik,
We have to go out for awhile, but will try to bbl.
I have no experience with the 90s seats as to arm rests being standard or optional equipment.
But you may be able to gain some info in
1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop Manual & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
&
For now, a yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have item shipped including some Canadian yards.
They may be able to identify Fords with similar bemuch seat arm rest parts.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts

·
Registered
529 Posts
What the hell is the cable for anyway? It’s a humdrum conundrum...

·
Registered
59 Posts
What the hell is the cable for anyway? It’s a humdrum conundrum...
The cable is meant to raise the armrest up when the seat is flipped forward and slide to the front to allow access to the back seat.

~Erik

·
Registered
59 Posts
Edit due to poor typing
Yo Erik,
We have to go out for awhile, but will try to bbl.
I have no experience with the 90s seats as to arm rests being standard or optional equipment.
But you may be able to gain some info in
1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop Manual & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
&
For now, a yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have item shipped including some Canadian yards.
They may be able to identify Fords with similar bemuch seat arm rest parts.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Thanks @miesk5

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know this is an old post but I'm having the same problem. Found a repair part on Bronco Graveyard that replaces the OEM bracket that breaks on 92 - 96 Broncos.

That is the part that goes inside the armrest right???
~Erik

21 - 30 of 30 Posts