Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

armrest repair 96

18K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  miesk5 
#1 ·
buddy just earlier and his pass side armrest attached to seat is flopping around. said he cant see how to detach to see what happen to it.

how do you get it off ????????

thanks i advance

#5 ·
Damn you PhotoSuckIt!!! Damn you to HELL!!! :banghead

@miesk5 - I don't suppose you've found any better diagrams on installing seat arms over the past 6+ years, have ya bud?
I picked up some arms off eBay to remove my "jump-seat" and get back to OEM with armrest and center console.
Thing is... I've never removed or installed a set or even messed with a seat from anything '92+.
I'm sure I can figure out the straight mounting but I have no idea what to do with that cable.
A proper picture or a diagram would be golden. :thumbup

#7 ·
searched, found, read a few. didn't find what I need. Lots of good repair info to be found but most assume you took it off, you'll know how to put it back on. I did find this diagram from a banned members supermotors collection... but I'm still a bit befuddled.

#8 ·
I just had mine off to recover them. I had to unzip and pull the cover up. Remove the torque head bolt. The driver side also has a cable feed down to the bottom corner of the seat. There is a small piece of metal with a little Allen key bolt between the armrest and the seat as well. I think it?s only function was to act as a bushing and to set the height of the arm.

#11 · (Edited)
Yo @BikerPepe`

I found some You Tubes by gOOgling; ford bronco arm rest video
My comcast freezes of course becaue it's cloudy today.

I believe this one shows how the cable can be placed back in position;
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3VQpk48fU[/ame]

The other videos won't help you much.

Will look through my old site and then go through the posts I made in other sites to see if anyone added to the threads with more info.

EDIT!
I can't get the video to load here, my tablet freezes.

#13 · (Edited)
#14 ·
ok... went to YouTube and searched that phrase. Got this vid:

Unfortunately... that one isn't telling me what I'm most curious about. I got a complete armrest, with the cable still connected.

Like so many other vids and postings I've found, most are centered around "repairing" many of the broken ones.
Even Steve83's supermotors (where I got the diagram above) doesn't show me enough.

My ignorance is based on how/where the bolt at the end of the cable connects / anchors in with the seat.

My '95 didn't come with any armrests installed. They were removed when a previous owner installed the center jump-seat.
So... I don't have anything to remove and figure this out either.

#21 ·
ok... went to YouTube and searched that phrase. Got this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3VQpk48fUE

Unfortunately... that one isn't telling me what I'm most curious about. I got a complete armrest, with the cable still connected.

Like so many other vids and postings I've found, most are centered around "repairing" many of the broken ones.
Even Steve83's supermotors (where I got the diagram above) doesn't show me enough.

My ignorance is based on how/where the bolt at the end of the cable connects / anchors in with the seat.

My '95 didn't come with any armrests installed. They were removed when a previous owner installed the center jump-seat.
So... I don't have anything to remove and figure this out either.
hey, just fixed my sagging armrest! thanks boys!

#16 ·
thanks rusty. I'll be adding both... apparently there is no cable on the passenger seat to worry about.
best/only pic I've seen focusing on the cable/bolt. :thumbup

obviously that one pictured is loose and not secured. is that black tab looking metal piece where the cable-bolt/nut seats?
I also assume it would have to slide the cable down inside the seat-back cover to the bottom seat pad, where the nut and be secured from twisting as you tighten the nut to adjust/tighten the cable.

I'm probably wasting more time thinking about it than just doing it but I'm surprised we don't have anything better on this little angle. I've been gathering parts for some time now.
I've got a lot of things to change, update, install when I finally take it off the road so I'm really just prepping.
I'll have to whip up a fumbly install write-up on this thing so we have an easier reference available since photosuckit, the destroyer of write-ups has had their way.

#17 ·
Reactions: BikerPepe`
#19 ·
When i did my seats, i married parts of my seats with parts from the JY to make an updated set.

I've probably introduced some sort of fatal safety risk, but i just cut off that cable.

#22 ·
I know this is an old post but I'm having the same problem. Found a repair part on Bronco Graveyard that replaces the OEM bracket that breaks on 92 - 96 Broncos.

Reactions: elovlie
#24 ·
Edit due to poor typing
Yo Erik,
We have to go out for awhile, but will try to bbl.
I have no experience with the 90s seats as to arm rests being standard or optional equipment.
But you may be able to gain some info in
1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop Manual & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
&
For now, a yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have item shipped including some Canadian yards.
They may be able to identify Fords with similar bemuch seat arm rest parts.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.