Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
College User
2,023 Posts
I think I got the piece you want. W ont be able to check until after Christmas but I had it just have to find it... The tire mount that is not the rim.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool deal... thanks!!! let me know... after Xmas is fine...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
some advise....go with 33" swampers..you wont be dissapointed...not that i would know
good lookin bronco.
what kind of range do you have with that CB antenna on the top?

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Range??? depends on the radio I'm using... I had a Royce that was all stock, got out about 2 miles on the open road on Ch 19... Then I had a Midland top of the line... it was peaked a bit... got out about 3 miles... Now, I have the uniden PC68XL that's posting 10 watts output... :) it talks nicely... it was tweaked by the place I bough it from... the Antenna is a Wilson Lil' Wil... great $25 antenna. Not sure if I'm gonna keep the mag mount though, I might go with a Firestik solid mounted to the body or tire carrier...

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
yea i was wondering because i have mine mounted to the rear tire carrier and i have
no range what so ever behind me. and im not totally sure about the foward range either.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well... hmmm.. maybe with that tidbit of info, I'll keep the mag-mount right where it's at... was told that the best place would be as close to the middle of the roof as possible... I get about 1.2:1 SWR with it... and, is easily removed... For $25 from ebay... wasn't a bad buy... the SWR is right out of the box... no tweaking...

Hope it helps...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
yea it does help me. i spent $25 on my antenna and mount..already had some coax.
i might need to get the mag mount one. thanks

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Just a suggestion, but personaly if you wanna keep the mag mount for good range while on the hwy then do so, but I'd still mount a firestick on the tire carrier and have two cables run to the CB and switch back and forth for hwy and trail. The mag mount is easily knocked off on the trail and you don't need any range on the trail, your bud's are right in front/behind ya...:shrug

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in Lawrenceville... but I'm currently stuck in Dallas with a pair of obstinate radius arms... :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead wanna help???? LOL

·
College User
2,023 Posts

Was this what you needed and you still need it?

·
Registered
480 Posts
NICE TRUCK man, love the paint job! :thumbup

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spade said:
So did you snap the stud of the end?
Yeah, that's exactly what happened... some dickhead, thought it would be cool to use RED loktite on them. so they both snapped right off. Went to the boneyard get two replacements... and with a lot of aggrivation, and finally taking the axle assembly to Ford, who got the 4 big bolts that hold the radius arms to the axle off. We got it done and made it to Oklahoma City for Xmas afternoon... eeff... routine maintenance thing gone nightmare... ugh!! :banghead :banghead

Anyway... we finally got it done... and all SEEMS to be great for the moment.... :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :santa

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gobucs1 said:

Was this what you needed and you still need it?

Yep, need one of those... and still do... Thanks...

Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts