Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to head over to the local community college to take my ASE recerts for tests A1 thru A8. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Good luck man. No fear!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Good luck. I just took three tests on Tuesday and I just got my first ASE patch last week. Pretty sure I just failed the A/C test.

·
Registered
307 Posts
good luck. I haven't taken all eight at one time. probably not bad on the recert ones. I do them 4 at a time.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I took all 8 original tests five years ago on two separate days, it was easier back then. ASE made an offer that, on the outside, looked like a good deal. Last August or September, they offered to let you take your tests 6 months in advance. However, I found that they put a little caveat in the offer that essentially said you'd lose 6 months of your five years' certification. I threw it away, saying they could "blow it out their @$$." Anyway, eight tests and one sore shoulder later, I did okay AFAIK. We'll see. If I pass all and keep my recerts, I've gotta treat myself. Difficulty: no hookers/blow.:D

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
I love the Canadian system, have to go through 4 years of apprenticeship training, (2 months school 10 months on the job training) then once that is done, You get your Journeyman's Certificate and you do not have to re-certify again ever.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the Canadian system, have to go through 4 years of apprenticeship training, (2 months school 10 months on the job training) then once that is done, You get your Journeyman's Certificate and you do not have to re-certify again ever.
Ah, but it's a proven fact that in a technical profession (white or blue collar)
you generally have to learn or retrain every two to five years. The NIASE helps on that by having testing on a five-year cycle basis.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
Ah, but it's a proven fact that in a technical profession (white or blue collar)
you generally have to learn or retrain every two to five years. The NIASE helps on that by having testing on a five-year cycle basis.
working on heavy equipment is so much easier than dealing with all those certificates.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
working on heavy equipment is so much easier than dealing with all those certificates.
I can see your point if you hate pushing papers....:whiteflag

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I can see your point if you hate pushing papers....:whiteflag
Dunno what ya mean by that but we have to do service reports for everything we do. :thumbup

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: I just got my test grade report. Of eight tests, I only passed all of them! Woo hoo!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts