Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the father-in-law, a double amputee veteran to help us volunteer at our Heroes On the Water booth at the Portland Sportsman Show. Got there nice and early to get a wheelchair spot for the FSB. The father in law went out to put some stuff he bought in the truck and finds a jackass in a Land Rover is parked in the ramp area of the handicap stall! As he’s going back in shaking his head with all his stuff still in his lap a security guard and a Portland PD officer ask if something is wrong, he points to the truck and the moronic Land Rover. The PD officer tells him they will take care of it. We come out and they said the tow truck couldn’t pull it out of the spot without damaging something but they did get a hefty ticket for parking in a disabled stall without a permit.
DF767300-7C6D-4E6C-8699-5A79462459CB.jpeg
D24EE0FE-50FC-485A-94F6-1486F005DB76.jpeg
I was nice enough to back out far enough not to beat the shit out of his door with mine and load him up.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
What an entitled ass. Glad you took the high road. Many would have just keyed the piss out of the rover.

·
Registered
95 5.8L XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Electric, Manual, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15's, 299K
694 Posts
Oh if rubber valve stems nothing a razor blade wouldn't take care of on all 4 tires. Not permanent but definitely a royal PITA....
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Way to be man. You could have let emotions take over and destroy that guys property but then you would probably be getting bailed out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh if rubber valve stems nothing a razor blade wouldn't take care of on all 4 tires. Not permanent but definitely a royal PITA....
:rolleyes:
Valve stem removal tool and put them on the hood. That way the cops can't get you for damaging or stealing anything, and the most they could try is criminal mischief. Had a neighbor (former cop) who had done it it few times :LOL:

·
Registered
95 5.8L XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Electric, Manual, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15's, 299K
694 Posts
BTW I didn't mean to cut them off completely just cut enough to let the air out slowly, it'll take awhile to figure out the problem. The air will leak out over a long period of time and it's very frustrating to diagnose.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A pair if channel locks will easily remove a valve stem, but the 300 + witnesses getting on the shuttle busses would have been an issue

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
That driver is a jackass but letting the officers handle it is the way to go... Despite the cleverness of some of y'all's ideas and the satisfaction I know I'd feel by doing some of them.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but having an officer around that is willing to do something is rare around here. I can't tell you the number of times we have called in vehicles that are parked in our lots over night during snow events( The lots are all posted "No parking overnight") I had one a couple of weeks ago that had part of the rear window smashed out, parked in a way that it took up 4 spaces, and I had to plow around it after the 4th day that it sat in the same place. The cop ran the VIN to see if was stolen and contacted the owner who stated they didn't own the vehicle anymore. The plates were registered to a different vehicle so the cops said you'll just have to wait for it to get moved or pay to have it towed. I asked if having the plates registered to different vehicle on another vehicle was illegal. They said yeah, but you'll just have to get it towed. Well, the bosses won't drop a dime on anything like that so there it sat for 5 more days and then it just disappeared. When I was young any one of the cops in this area would have busted you in a minute for having the wrong plates on a vehicle. In Wi. a vehicle can be towed after 72hrs and considered abandoned, but nobody wants to deal with the paper work. I'm glad you got someone to deal with it. Wally world is a great place to witness stuff like that.

Swamp

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but having an officer around that is willing to do something is rare around here. I can't tell you the number of times we have called in vehicles that are parked in our lots over night during snow events( The lots are all posted "No parking overnight") I had one a couple of weeks ago that had part of the rear window smashed out, parked in a way that it took up 4 spaces, and I had to plow around it after the 4th day that it sat in the same place. The cop ran the VIN to see if was stolen and contacted the owner who stated they didn't own the vehicle anymore. The plates were registered to a different vehicle so the cops said you'll just have to wait for it to get moved or pay to have it towed. I asked if having the plates registered to different vehicle on another vehicle was illegal. They said yeah, but you'll just have to get it towed. Well, the bosses won't drop a dime on anything like that so there it sat for 5 more days and then it just disappeared. When I was young any one of the cops in this area would have busted you in a minute for having the wrong plates on a vehicle. In Wi. a vehicle can be towed after 72hrs and considered abandoned, but nobody wants to deal with the paper work. I'm glad you got someone to deal with it. Wally world is a great place to witness stuff like that.

Swamp

isn't a parking lot private property? that's not their jurisdiction. cops would handle it if it was on a city street.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It’s a land cruiser not a Land Rover and he’s still a huge jack ass.
Stupid smartphone autocorrect again good catch. Yes a Toyota

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Dash, it was a city cop in the city, but the lot is maintained by the county and the county officer had a city cop come to check it out. It's one of those great areas where everyone wants it taken care of, but nobody wants to be responsible for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts