Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
you gonna put any screen or something over the end to prevent debris going down the snorkel?

otherwise i'd say it looks pretty good :thumbup

·
Registered
75 Posts
deep water

i like it did you do anthing to the electrical to run in deep water, i wanna see some muddin pics

race4fn

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Do you have a filter? Where? What's the piece on top of the carb? How does it attach to the carb?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where did you get the piece for the top of the carb?? we need one to put on my friends mud buggy.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm using the cone type filter which is encased in 6" PVC between the two rubber coupling reducers.

The thing on top was part of the intake off a van, can't remember what make or year. I also found another off a car of some sort. Didn't really pay attention to detail.

It is also being held onto the carb by another reducing coupling that I had to cut to length. And it is tightened by the wing nut to secure the two items. I will seal it off with something to assure me that no water will enter but will allow me to remove the two pieces if I choose to.
The coupling isheld onto the carb by the clamp with the wing nut to make sure the coupling won't slip off.

I then used a 3x4" coupling reducer from the intake to the PVC and then just routed it all as you can clearly see.

I will be placing a boot on the Distributer, and sealing off everything, but that will wait until she's ready to go swimming.

All in all, she seems to run better than before.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Swampwalker3 said:
Just thought I'd post the finished pics of it.

Ox, I stole your idea..
Nice!! I would be ripping that off though. Even on my mud truck, which sometimes has to fit through tiny little trails in the pines.............:thumbup

Also, for others, the filter is inside the 6" tube, like this.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
jackhart said:
you gonna put any screen or something over the end to prevent debris going down the snorkel?

otherwise i'd say it looks pretty good :thumbup

I use black pantihose and point the tube rearward. :beer

·
My Ass Is A...
985 Posts
Go to your local semi parts store and get a pre-filter cap...they are around $15 and tuff as hell...

Or you can do like I did.....and end up like I did...LOL

{edit}...as you can see, the pipe mounts hold up well vs a tree...LOL

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts