Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, When i got it, it had 31/ 10.5x15 tires on it. Recently as y'all know i body lifted it and put 35/ 12.5x16 tires and rims on it. At 50 miles anhour on the speedo (i dunno what the real speed is cuz of tire size) The sumbitch starts to shake real bad like shes gonna come apart. The tiress came off my buddys truck and his didnt do it. I looked for missing weights but all are there. So....whats the deal? Some one at work mentioned abour the steering arm may be loose or bad? How do you check that? Any help appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Josh

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
SEARCH NOOB

go get your tires balanced and wheel aligned. check your pinion angle. and all the drivetrain shit under there. ball joints, tie rods and of course your steering components like you said

·
crank trigger
8,158 Posts
it's probably that huge bumper! kiddin. sounds like the death wobble. check all your steering compts and the radius arm bushings.

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Ragged_ol_86 said:
Ok, When i got it, it had 31/ 10.5x15 tires on it. Recently as y'all know i body lifted it and put 35/ 12.5x16 tires and rims on it. At 50 miles anhour on the speedo (i dunno what the real speed is cuz of tire size) The sumbitch starts to shake real bad like shes gonna come apart. The tiress came off my buddys truck and his didnt do it. I looked for missing weights but all are there. So....whats the deal? Some one at work mentioned abour the steering arm may be loose or bad? How do you check that? Any help appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Josh
If it was fine before, you should look at what is different. From what I'm reading you changed the tires and rims. Here is the obvious, did you get them balanced? When did you put these tires on? If you went in the mud rescently, check to see that you don't have a build up of mud on your rim.

Just a note, you had 31s before now you have 35s. I doubt the previous owner adjusted the speedo, so when you are driving 50 mph (I'm guessing) you might actually be doing 60. There is a thread talking about speedo calibration and such, you might want to check it out.

EDIT: oh yeah, I like your bumper, did you build it or buy it? I designed and built mine. Is that a tool box I see in the middle or what?

·
The Doc
1,157 Posts
i had the death wobble in my jeep and after lots of money and pulling out my hair it was narrowed down to 2 tires had broken steel belts in them replaced 35 bfg all terrains for som new 35 bfg mudders and poof no more death wobble . i would trie and put your old tires and rims on and see if it goes away just a thought

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey walt...i know about the speedo not being right. I said in an earlier post "50 on the speedo but i dunno actual speed cuz of tire size" Thanks for the compliment. I got it for 50 bux at a junkyard. the original mounting points were to narrow so i mounted it to a piece of c channel 40"? long by 8" x1/4". So from grill to tip of bumper theres 14". Its not a tool box its a winch box.

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts