Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wall thickness did you use on your pre runner front bumper? I am going to get the bender. When you ordered it what die sets did you get? What are the sizes of pipe you are using on your truck. Tell me more about the bender. How well does it hold up for you. How much was it all after you ordered everything?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got a 2" and a 1" round die. I wish I had gotten the 3/4" square die as well. I will probably get one in the very near future. I would also like a 1 1/2" and/or a 1 3/4" inch one as well.

Also, make sure you call it "tube" rather than "pipe" or the dudes at the steel supply will probably get it wrong. I've found that 4/5 people who work in the industry (the steel supply industry) have a little trouble figuring out the difference between tube and pipe let alone the different alloys.

Good Luck

Bakes

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I have a pro-tools bender, with a 1, 1.5 and 2" dies. Don't forget the notcher, or you'll be spending alot of time with the angle grinder. I use .120" thick wall tubing for everything... so far

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isnt a message board used for guys that dont know that much about things and want to learn? I feel that this is a great resource for information pertaining to broncos. If i can recall you (davids78bronco) build these custom items. If you dont want to let me in on how to construct it the right way then tell me. I am just like any other red blooded american, i want to save money and do it myself. So i would like all the info that i can get.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Yup, search this board, as well as online. get some ideas for yourself, see what you like, what looks good on your rig, what offers the best protection for you, and ease of build. And you're right, I won't give you step-by-step instructions on how I built what, but I can tell you what materials I used. Example, sliders - 3x2, 2x2, 1.5" round tubing... now you figure out how it goes together. Ready? Set... go!

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Pinnacle Off-Road said:
what size are all the tubes on the bumper? what size are your tubes on the fenders and rock sliders. how much are the notchers?
2" diameter .120 thick.. same size on my front bumper, sliders, fenders, and cage.. the notcher was 1 something.. check out www.jd2.com for prices..

read this tech article.. it shows you how to bend tube real easy.. http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/bendin_tube/index.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts