Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I don't think he's talking about repair marks or stock indicators on tires. He's talking about the marks that the dealers put on the cars to communicate information about the car to the salesmen. I've seen them too, and I imagine they are quick-reference for price, mileage, or for some other purpose.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Fair enough

I don't think he's talking about repair marks or stock indicators on tires. He's talking about the marks that the dealers put on the cars to communicate information about the car to the salesmen. I've seen them too, and I imagine they are quick-reference for price, mileage, or for some other purpose.
Some are. We use them for repair purposes. Our salespeople get a printout every day that clues them into the details of each car. Price, milage, etc all go on the UCMonroney sheet that legally has to be in the window of a "for sale" unit. But, different states, different regulations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been cruising car lots since i could drive. What do all those little paint marks mean? maybe just a dot on the headlight lense or a little dot on the glass. Most people would not notice them, are they there to signal the sales people or what? I know it must be some sort of secret code, like we are making a bundle on this car so do not come down on the price. hehe, or it could mean that it has been serviced or detailed. Can anyone on the inside shed some light on this??? :shrug
The dots at our dealership is for used cars. Green means the car is ready to sell, whatever repairs it needed are done and it's fully detailed. Yellow, means it's waiting on parts to be serviced and then detailed. Red, means DO NOT SELL for some reason or another. It's easy to remember since it's like a stop light.

·
Administrator
22,826 Posts
The dots at our dealership is for used cars. Green means the car is ready to sell, whatever repairs it needed are done and it's fully detailed. Yellow, means it's waiting on parts to be serviced and then detailed. Red, means DO NOT SELL for some reason or another. It's easy to remember since it's like a stop light.
did you join just to post this ????

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been cruising car lots since i could drive. What do all those little paint marks mean? maybe just a dot on the headlight lense or a little dot on the glass. Most people would not notice them, are they there to signal the sales people or what? I know it must be some sort of secret code, like we are making a bundle on this car so do not come down on the price. hehe, or it could mean that it has been serviced or detailed. Can anyone on the inside shed some light on this??? :shrug
They steal parts off your vehicle. And replace with used materials

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,198 Posts
They steal parts off your vehicle. And replace with used materials
Not just that, they hire ninjas to go to your home while you're at the dealership to steal lunch materials. I went in for an oil change and when I returned home, they had stolen my peanut butter and pickles.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
OMG mods kill it before it infects other posts and becomes the new China WuTang Clan virus.

And if you trade your car in don't come crying to me about your hundred bucks of Susan B Anthony coins for the toll road if you were a rude prick. Also, I'm not going to retrieve your pistol in the glove box and "hold" it for you.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I asked the same question when I bought my wife a new car this year. They are quality control marks, according to the sales manager, for what thats worth.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts