Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the wild wild west ( Az) we have one of the best gun laws in the nation and I was curious what other gun laws throughout the US are like ? And if it's legal to carry, what do you?

On duty they issue us Glock G22's ( .40cal) and a G27 for backup.

Off duty I conceal carry a G23 , .40 cal about 98% of the time.

:enforce

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
HK USP .40 cal

·
Registered
288 Posts
im a big guy, and dont like those plastic guns, they just dont feel right to me, when im carrying I carry my Stoeger Cougar .40 s&W

its a pretty large gun, but is still pretty concealable.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im a big guy, and dont like those plastic guns, they just dont feel right to me, when im carrying I carry my Stoeger Cougar .40 s&W

its a pretty large gun, but is still pretty concealable.
I'm a big guy , too. I just use whats tried and true reliable and field tested to be one of the best :thumbup

I do like the looks of the 1911 style guns, but have you ever ran 1/2 mile sprinting with a full belt and a side arm? Every ounce counts! lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
actually, no. since my knee surgery I haven't had the luxury of being able to run. Honestly I've got nothing but good to say about my cougar. I've shot 1500 rounds through it and never had a misfire, jam, and the only time i didnt hit the target was when it was my own damn fault. haha I keep hoping they decide to make it in a .45, but there arent any plans for that yet.

I like the feel of 1911's, I just dont care for having a gun always cocked on my side, I like the double action I guess. I'm sure you would get used to it after awhile, but still. I havent yet. You understand that I'm sure. The way I see it is that if your not comfortable carrying your firearm, you have no damn reason to carry it.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
When I get my concealed weapons permit I will be carrying a Taurus P.T. Millennium 140 Pro. .40 cal. That was my buddies first gun he concealed, and I love it.

Other then that he carries a little KelTec .380 Auto. Sweet little gun. It literally fits into your pocket like a pocket knife.

·
Registered
286 Posts
For my concealed carry piece I use a Kahr P9 with the composite grip
It is small light and very comfortable to use as a concealed weapon

I also have a .40 cal glock but I cant shoot worth a damn with that thing and I cant figure it out I can pick up something I have never shot before and do better then I can with the glock

·
Registered
288 Posts
Now here's a question, what else do you carry with your peice? reloads? lights?

I carry 1 magazine and a small flashlight with me. I got a holster made specifically to fit them both. I use the flashlight alot more than I will ever use the reload.

on the other hand, i know a fellow who carries his peice, then 1 magazine for it, as well as a new york reload, and 2 knives. I think he's nuts, I guess he thinks he's gonna find a war. haha

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For my concealed carry piece I use a Kahr P9 with the composite grip
It is small light and very comfortable to use as a concealed weapon

I also have a .40 cal glock but I cant shoot worth a damn with that thing and I cant figure it out I can pick up something I have never shot before and do better then I can with the glock
What model?

Want to sell it? lol :beer

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now here's a question, what else do you carry with your peice? reloads? lights?

I carry 1 magazine and a small flashlight with me. I got a holster made specifically to fit them both. I use the flashlight alot more than I will ever use the reload.

on the other hand, i know a fellow who carries his peice, then 1 magazine for it, as well as a new york reload, and 2 knives. I think he's nuts, I guess he thinks he's gonna find a war. haha

The force issues us fresh ammo,Winchester Ranger and for personal carry I use Federal hydra shocks, 165g in the 27 and 180g in the G23
I don't have a light or laser mounted on any fire arm but I do have some Surefire lights in my car and drawer and I always have Sabre red mace with me , or in my car/truck/pocket and a nice folding knife :)

I too am ready for war. lol

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
When I get my CCP I plan to carry an XD40. I carry a small folding knife in my pocket and a larger folder on my belt most of the time.

In the bronco I have a large fixed blade and depending on where I'm going I may have the wife's .38 in the console.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
right now for me its 1 full mag in the weapon and 3 full mags in the pistol box in my truck never any extra on me. Also thinking about adding a small light to the pistol itself as its easier to carry :D

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I carry an Astra A70 9mm. Sits in between my right arm and rib cage.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
in about 4 months ill be 21... and pruchasing either a clock in 45 cal or Hk usp .45:D ... just depends on what i decide on spending...

im working on saving for a stag arms ar-15 .223 :D
you know...
You don't have to be 21 to buy a clock.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts