Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there have been many posts, many started by me, to solve the rpm loss when turning on your air condiditioning,
as a whole we searched through all our vaccuum lines, and i searched for some kind of fantasy a/c relay or solenoid...
some people have solved it by replacing their compressor
i was on the correct path when i assumed that the EEC was not getting the message to pump up the RPMs and therefor the engine died.. so i started replacing sensors and such, my first replacement was the IAB (idle air bypass) or IAC (idle air control) same thing

there have been several posts on how to clean and diagnoss your IAB, i say replace it! it was just an 80 dollar part and my engine runs a lot smoother, warms up more evenly, and DOES NOT DIE WHEN I USE THE A/C or DEFROST!!
i was very happy!
it is a simple two bolt swap on the drivers side of your throttle body, make sure you disconnect the battery for at least 15 min to reset the EEC and drive for about 10 miles to let everything calibrate. :thumbup

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
glad you got it fixed, that little bastard can cause all kinds of weird issues. I had a surge at idle that I fixed by cleaning it, figured I would do that before I spent 50bucks on a new one.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Dustin said:
glad you got it fixed, that little bastard can cause all kinds of weird issues. I had a surge at idle that I fixed by cleaning it, figured I would do that before I spent 50bucks on a new one.

Had the same surge about 8 months ago, Starting to slowly come back...

$80 bucks seems high, I got prices for about 50-60 before i cleaned it and it worked..

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drilim said:
$80 bucks seems high,
yeah maybe it was 40, i bought i TPS at the same time and i could remember which one was 40 and which one was 80,

i havnt put the tps in, this fixed my problem so maybe i wont need to? anyone see any good reason to swap in the tps anyway?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,603 Posts
Got my new TPS for around $40 from NAPA.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i thought!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts