Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:whiteflag I have inherited a 20gig Photo iPod from a friend and cannot figure out how to hook it up to my PC. I have a windows-based PC. My buddy told me that I can hook it up to my usb using the charger cord. The cord resembles a USB but is not one and will not plug in. Do I need to buy something, if so, where is the cheapest place to get it? Thanks guys. :whiteflag

Keith
~Houston, TX

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ebay if your sure its not the right cord check to be sure you dont have it backwards end to end or top to bottom.Figure out everything you want for the ipod like tough skin,lanyard headphones or whatever and try to buy a auction that has the most of what you want in it.TRADING CIRCUIT is circuit city on ebay they usually have tons of stuff for ipods.Hope that helps

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
You need this.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007RV3IE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You can get it at amazon.com or an apple store. Maybe best buy or circut city will have them. Also like usedpets said, check out accessories. One that I really reccomend is a skin. Find a nice ipod skin because its going to get scratched to hell including the screen and that is no good. I really really like my Speck iPod skin. The bottom opens up to connect the USB cable to or an iTrip. It has bumps on the side so you can get an arm band for it and work out with it too. A real nice skin.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Leardc said:
I THINK you will need to download and install ITunes also... this may not be 100% neccessary though.
'Tis.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Leardc said:
I THINK you will need to download and install ITunes also... this may not be 100% neccessary though.
Yeah, you do... My stepdaughter has one her *cough* "father" got her for Xmas, IMHO, Ipod is kewl, but PocketPC is King. :) Im watching Divx/MP3 videos on mine, at full 25fps, with high quality. Like 200% better video quality than WMV videos on a PPC.

Anyway, yeah, you gotta load iTrash to dump songs on the iPod.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot guys, you were ALL very helpful. I will probably end up ordering the USB from Amazon today if Best Buy doesn't carry them. As for a skin, when I got it, it already had the same one as you have Marauder. The only complain I have is that it is a photo iPod, and the photos look like crap when looking through the skin. I have seen people at the gym with the armband and I plan on buying one of those too. Doba, you are correct, it is the firewire. As for iTunes, I already have it, I haven't really played around with it yet b/c I haven't been able to get the iPod plugged in. I assume I have to have the iPod plugged into the computer to be able to delete songs and/or pictures, correct? Thanks again for everybody's input.

Keith
~Houston, TX

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
MyFullSize said:
Yeah, you do... My stepdaughter has one her *cough* "father" got her for Xmas, IMHO, Ipod is kewl, but PocketPC is King. :) Im watching Divx/MP3 videos on mine, at full 25fps, with high quality. Like 200% better video quality than WMV videos on a PPC.

Anyway, yeah, you gotta load iTrash to dump songs on the iPod.
I have 700 songs on mine and 30 full length movies on my iPod. I still have half of the memory to use up :goodfinge

And yes, when you plug in the iPod give it a second to load up on itunes. To the left by your playlists store library it will show up. Just go in there and hit delete on whatever. To add songs just drag them from the library to the left where the ipod is. Make sure to hit the "eject" button and then disconnect the ipod. The eject button is right next to the ipod icon on the left (looks like a triangle with a dash under it). Let us know if you have any other questions :thumbup

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Marauder said:
I have 700 songs on mine and 30 full length movies on my iPod. I still have half of the memory to use up :goodfinge
Well.... 20gigs of built in storage Vs. 512 meg SD card, there is a wee bit of a memory advantage there. :toothless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts