1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I wish they made a 1 piece replacement for the lights that didnt look like something off of the accessory aisle at pep-boys.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I wonder what they look like on a truck.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they didn't have the LED's and the weird "light bars" in the turn signal housing I would buy a set. Ill watch the feedback and see if anybody buys some then email em and try to get a few pics.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Kinda curious how they work.. If i could take the lenses off and paint all the chrome black i think they would look sweet

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kinda curious how they work.. If i could take the lenses off and paint all the chrome black i think they would look sweet
You might be onto something.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You have to be careful of the cheap projectors (I had a cheap pair of depo projectors) the light output was horrible, even with a decent bulb in them. Their was no cutoff line like a high end projector.

Its best to find an OEM projector lens that you can graft into the bronco lens if you really want projector HID"s

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have to be careful of the cheap projectors (I had a cheap pair of depo projectors) the light output was horrible, even with a decent bulb in them. Their was no cutoff line like a high end projector.

Its best to find an OEM projector lens that you can graft into the bronco lens if you really want projector HID"s
A projection lens won't work properly without an HID bulb in em. That's probably why you had bad luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A projection lens won't work properly without an HID bulb in em. That's probably why you had bad luck.
First off I didn't state what I had in them, all I said was a decent bulb (as in not the cheap HID bulbs, but rather a philips OEM D2S bulb).

2ndly, there are halogen and HID projector housings, so saying they won't work properly is wrong, typically the difference in the housing is the cutoff plate,bulb orientation and reflector bowl.

I'm just saying that the cheap projectors don't have the clean crisp cut off line like a high end OEM projector.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First off I didn't state what I had in them, all I said was a decent bulb (as in not the cheap HID bulbs, but rather a philips OEM D2S bulb).

2ndly, there are halogen and HID projector housings, so saying they won't work properly is wrong, typically the difference in the housing is the cutoff plate,bulb orientation and reflector bowl.

I'm just saying that the cheap projectors don't have the clean crisp cut off line like a high end OEM projector.
Chill dude, all I gathered from your post was you had bulbs in there, you didn't specify what they were.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Damn... That's cool that they're finally makin a projector housing for us, but those are so gay it's rediclous. Get rid of the stupid ricer things like the Angle Eye hoop thingy and those gay leds and i might think about it... I'll probably stick w/ my clear diamond reflectors.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with him, my friend put a set of ebay projector housings in on his eclipse and with HID's the cutoff was skewed all out of whack, but with halogen bulbs it was fine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with him, my friend put a set of ebay projector housings in on his eclipse and with HID's the cutoff was skewed all out of whack, but with halogen bulbs it was fine.
ty offroadkarter, thats all I was trying to get at. If you want HID projectors, get a good set and fab them into your lenses, don't go the cheap Ebay route.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts