Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Pony Boy. I was wondering what o you think of the whole lift that you did? I wanted to know how well it is holding up with the stock ttb and 37" tires. Please let me know ASAP

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I thought I would chime in here. I run 37's on my TTB. I have an ARB in front. I also have the Superrunner steering kit. I like the setup and have not had any problems other than busting u-joints/shafts. If I did not have the front locked I imagine they would no break nearly as often. For just basic 4x4 use you will be fine if you went with this setup. Although components will wear out faster. Keep your bearings packed and greased and replace them when necessary. Also get a stabalizer or two. I can't go more than a couple miles an hour in reverse without the thing swinging from side to side. I think my tie rods need to be tightned and I need a stabalizer. My $.02

·
Repo'd
1,570 Posts
Well, I must say,
I like it,
I like it alot.

The lift went on like a dream with minor adjustments.
As for holding up with the tires.
So far it is doing good, Like Boulder said, I know I got a
TTB so I know I gotta grease till my hearts content.

My rig rides really nice on the street and 100% better on
offroad trails, perty soft ride that is, since I did the lift.

Now with that said.
If you lock it up and wheel it hard, it will break alot I'm
sure. I wheel it hard in the Mud and it seems to do fine
but thats just mud.

Before you do the lift on the TTB find out the expence of a SAS. Mine would have been cheaper.

Have fun either way

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really want to do this lift. But i have very little knowledge on doing the SAS bymyself. SO i will try it. Were there any tricks that you want to share with me on installing the lift? I also would like to know what mods you had to do. What do you reccomend for steering? Will a dual steering stabilizer work good?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
SAS Cheaper than a TTB 6" lift? That include replacement axle, spring perches, and extended radius arms? Hmmmm..... I will have to seriously look into this.

G

·
Me too!
I'm running 37X12.5 MT/R's for about 6 months now. You will bend the steering rods on tuff trails. I did and blew out a new ball joint on the tie rod. 6" spring lift, and cut the fenders. My site has my mods to get the 37's on. Superrunner steering is holding-up well and is a minor improvement in the steerability and feel. Should be stronger too. Time and wheeling will tell. You would be pushing the limits of the stock axels and brakes therefore it requires frequent inspection to keep you safe.
Do the D50 inner shaft/joint, stronger and that is the most frequent break on D44 TTB with large tires. Replace that then the outters are the weak point. I carry extra outter axels and tie rod ends. Add up all the crap, I did over time, and it would have been less costly to do the SAS, but then it would ride like a truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts