Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attn: Transfer Case Guru's*swapped in a 208***post deleted***

Ok, i have a 76 F-100 with a NP 203 t-case. I looked on a website and it said that a NP203, 205, and 208, all have a 31 spline input and a 6 bolt circular mount. So, this means that i can put a 205 or a 208 in my truck and it will bolt in, all that i have to mess around with is 4x4 linkage and possible drive shaft lenghts RIGHT????????:shrug

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Yes all of the above is 100% true

Some would say the .63 lower Low range isnt worth the aluminum case...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet, thanx man. My whole reason for going with a 208 is just because they are easier to get a hold of at my local salvage yard.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,883 Posts
go 205 its bulletproof. i know it doesnt have as low of a gear but it will take a pounding and still come out smiling in the end. what tranny are you running? if its the np435 manual it has a granny gear that would gear you down enough for most anything.

late

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im running a C6 trans

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I want a Tcase that is a bit higher the the 208s low in 4H an a lot lower in 4l.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i found a 205 and a 208 at my local salvage yard. I would get the 205, but it looks like it wont work. Theres like a part of the shift linkage that is near the flange where it bolts on, and looks like i would need a different tail shaft housing on my trans....? whats up with that??

·
Registered
489 Posts
find a C6 adapter from a 78-79 truck/Bronco ... the 205 requires a notch in the adapter (ironically, the manual 4sp adapters retained this notch until the end of the 4spd option in 96?) ... check the pattern/spline count on your trans .... the F-100's may have used the earlier married case pattern (but it's very close to the late pattern switch that you may get lucky) .... the early case pattern was 28 spline, and the pattern the same as the 66-77 EB D20 cases.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright thanks buddy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts