Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok what is the secret to geting the rear speakers out of my 94 with out having to pull the hole side panel off!I have the speaker grills off but can only get three out of the for nuts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Save yourself the trouble and take the panel off, or better yet, ditch the rear speakers. In a properly designed setup, you shouldnt need rear fill. If you stop and think about it, at no time is music designed to come at you from behind....concerts, nope...recording studio, nope...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,563 Posts
Brieldo said:
Save yourself the trouble and take the panel off, or better yet, ditch the rear speakers. In a properly designed setup, you shouldnt need rear fill. If you stop and think about it, at no time is music designed to come at you from behind....concerts, nope...recording studio, nope...
What if you want surround sound...:shocked
 

·
In The Matrix
Joined
·
1,896 Posts
Yeah I like my 4 speakers, lol.

Anyways to get mine out I went to radio shack and they have a small sideways rench thing, put a nut on it and got it to come off. Never put it back on it holds fine with just 3 screws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Music isnt recorded in 5.1 or 6.1. It's recorded in stereo so if you play it in surroudn sound, you arent listening to it the way it was designed to be listened to. Movies, on the other hand, are another story...but if I were to do 5.1 in my truck, when I listened to audio it'd still be in stereo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Brieldo said:
Save yourself the trouble and take the panel off, or better yet, ditch the rear speakers. In a properly designed setup, you shouldnt need rear fill. If you stop and think about it, at no time is music designed to come at you from behind....concerts, nope...recording studio, nope...
:wtf oh well.......


I just took the panels off Irwin.
 

·
hates EVERYTHING!
Joined
·
11,451 Posts
Broncobob said:
Yeah I like my 4 speakers, lol.

Anyways to get mine out I went to radio shack and they have a small sideways rench thing, put a nut on it and got it to come off. Never put it back on it holds fine with just 3 screws.
I used an allen wrench (mine were the torx bits but an allen wrench worked) and like Broncobob said I said to hell with 'em and left it at 3 when I put 'em back..:shrug
 

·
FSB's Bastard Child
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
stangmata50l said:
Apparently your truck's stereo sounds like hell
Oh boy...

Brieldo has given me advice many times on my trucks small stereo setup. He knows his stuff. Many of the competition systems are built in 2 areas, the door panels and around them (dash, pillars) and subs. Subs are sometimes included here, But usually in the back where there is more space for mounting and air.

Ill let him expand on it... Go to his SF, Look at some of his audio post...Then tell him it sounds like hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Drilim said:
Oh boy...

Brieldo has given me advice many times on my trucks small stereo setup. He knows his stuff. Many of the competition systems are built in 2 areas, the door panels and around them (dash, pillars) and subs. Subs are sometimes included here, But usually in the back where there is more space for mounting and air.

Ill let him expand on it... Go to his SF, Look at some of his audio post...Then tell him it sounds like hell.
Yes, what your saying is true for a "competition system". Which is more than (2) 6.5" speakers. The point was, it would sound like hell with only the two front speakers pumping the whole truck with nothing else. I agree you dont need the rears if you have the (amplified) component speakers in the front utilizing kick panels, pillars or whatever for midrange and high end ... along with a sub in the rear for fill.
 

·
FSB's Bastard Child
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
94 XLT BRONCO said:
Yes, what your saying is true for a "competition system". Which is more than (2) 6.5" speakers. The point was, it would sound like hell with only the two front speakers pumping the whole truck with nothing else. I agree you dont need the rears if you have the (amplified) component speakers in the front utilizing kick panels, pillars or whatever for midrange and high end ... along with a sub in the rear for fill.
I dont know if he would call it competition, But it is a very nice setup he has. Some of his pics are here:

http://www.petemuller.net/brieldo/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Im goin home in a week so I'll post more pictures then. A custom console with a gauge array, switch array and an Orion DEQ30 glassed into the console are all on the docket. I wish it wasnt so damn cold out :mad: Anyway, yea,h i'll have more. I'll be selling my component speakers here in the near future so I'll make sure you guys have a shot at them...


-ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Speakers dont have wattage. Wattage is a measure of power. Speakers dont put power out...amplifiers do. Dont cut your panels...just take out the 4 or 5 screws and take them off, replace the speaker and replace the panel. It's a 20 minute job.
 

·
FSB's Bastard Child
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
stangmata50l said:
I was basing this off of assumption.

I have to have all of my speakers perfect! I'm a sound freak! BTW I LOVE my rear speakers. My highs and mids have to sound just as good as the bass
Its fine, Sorry if i sounded like an ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
without starting a fight...if you wanted your stuff to sound perfect, you'd start by ditchin that xplod head unit. those sony decks are complete garbage.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
YOU FRIGGIN BASTARD I HAVE ONE!!!
J/K But i have had 3 differnt sony models in the past few years and have had uninterupted service from them. Never a problem, why do you think they are garbage.

On a side note , Im thinking of getting a DVD player. Which would you recomend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Sony's Xplod line is probably one of the biggest bastardizations of a product ever. Look at the 1000W sony amp...take a look at the ratings. It isnt even rated for 1000W in any situation you'd ever use it. It's soemthing like 400 watts...talk about a scam, eh? The Xplod line is all about putting things on a box/product that makes kids buy it. They see 1000w and they go nuts!

As far as the head units go: Your head unit breaks down into a few steps. First, you have the transport of the cd player..that is, the laser that reads the disc, the mechanism that isolates the transport from the rest of the player and the motor/servo that drives the laser along the track as the disc progresses. This portion of hte player is critical as the old addage goes..."Garbage in, garbage out." If you're getting feedback from the laser moving along its track into the audio signal, the DAC is going to pass it through and the amplifiers are going to dislike it. Obviously Im not going all technical into this but Im tryign to keep it simple. Anyway, jitter is the description of gunk in a digital signal. When the signal is passing to your Digital to Analog converter, its in the form of a digital signal. So, the jitter that can be introduced through the transport can be potentially large. Xplod units suck in this catagory=)

Next we have the DAC. DAC's are probably the most crtical stage of the audio chain. The DAC takes the digital signal and converts it to an analog signal that is audible to the human ear, as we all know digital signals arent audible. Sony doesnt really invest heavily in a high quality DAC, rather they use what gets the job done adequately. To the average Joe, they're satisifed...until you have them listen to a unit like a Denon Z1 or Alpine F#1 or a high end Eclipse...the musical nuances come alive. Aspects of the sound that were never there suddenly are...

Lastly, we have the output stage. Here, the signal runs through a preamplifier that sends the signal to the next audio component, be it an amplifier or signal processor or whatever. High end preamps are almost impossible to clip, that is, the sine wave coming out of them never squares off at the top. When you get htis squaring effect, you introduce distortion into the signal, distortion that the amplifier is only going to amplify. By keeping the signal in its intended layout, you keep the noise floor low and allow the amplifier to do its job...amplify the music.


Now, basically, the Xplod line isnt about all these things, its about mass marketing to 16 year old kids that bomb around in their Hondas. If you want a real sony unit, by all means check out the C90. Its a very, very good unit.


Now, you want a DVD player recommendation...are you looking for a unit with a screen/etc or just a stand alone DVD player for your truck?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top