Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been getting posted on alot of other Vehicle sites so I wanted to put it up here for anyone in the area that may want to come out. The place is right off I-4 in Lakeland, FL. I'll be bringing my Bronco out.

WHEN: August 14th, 11:00 AM - 4 PM
WHERE: HOOTERS Lakeland (Hooters, 3400 US Highway 98 N, Lakeland, FL)
MAP: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=+3400+US+Highway+98+N,+Lakeland,+FL+33809-3803,+US&sll=28.148292,-81.867371&sspn=0.395348,0.837021&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=3400+U.S.+98,+Lakeland,+Polk,+Florida+33809&z=16
WHAT: Open car show. Jeeps, truck, bikes, classics, ghetto, whatever. You rode it in - you are entered.
ENTRY: $10 - 100% goes to slain officer's families (split 50/50 between families)
Prizes: WE are Working on that. Stay tuned for Updates.

The Jacked Up Jeep Club is in the early stages of organizing a charity show n shine in the Winter Haven/Lake Wales area. 100% of the proceeds are going to be donated to the wives of the slain officers in Tampa (http://www.theledger.com/article/20100629/NEWS/6295061). If there is one thing our club is good at - OK 2 things - it's charity events and drinking. We tried to think of a way we could raise money by getting drunk, but we couldnt come up w/ anything.

Also, here's a Link to the Jeep club site for the discussion
http://siteground277.com/~jackedup/showthread.php?12-Show-amp-Shine-for-the-Thin-Blue-Line

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for a good cause.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'm sure the families of Officers Kocab and Curtis would be most grateful for the continued support.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, apparently it was something that the organizers wanted to do sooner but logistics and such got in the way.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 last bump for next weekend.

Will I be the only Bronco out there in a sea of Rams?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, really. Last time Bump for the benefit of fallen officers families. If you come, look for my Bronco. I'm bringing an Easy Up so we'll have a bit of shade to sit under.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm going to try and swing by to make a donation, but the Bronco is only half way finished, so I'm not worried about being in a show. If I make it I'll look out for you.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to see another Tow boy in the mix. C/O 88. Grew up in Homeland and live in "The Highlands" or as I call it, North Highland City now over close to George and Tammy's old house off 540A.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glad to see another Tow boy in the mix. C/O 88. Grew up in Homeland and live in "The Highlands" or as I call it, North Highland City now over close to George and Tammy's old house off 540A.
I graduated from Bartow in 99. Live right off Floral Ave. just south of the courthouse. I grew up off Crews Lake Rd., so I know exactly where your talking about. Even went to Highland City Elem.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it Rusty and I have been working hard to get his Bronco finished and put back together. Hopefully, it'll be done by this Thursday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts