Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BIG THANKS to Mark for the help with the D50. Now it is time to test um out. Any interest in a trip to Red Cone and Radical Hill on Saturday? I am thinking that a meet at the Baily "Conoco" at 9:30 would be a good thing. That is a little less then an hour SW of Denver on 285. Both trails a totally stock friendly but not for the faint of heart.

This is going down Red Cone there are many more good pictures on the trail damage site.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
oh man I'd totaly be down! But unfortantly the bronco isn't fixed :( but I'm always good to be a passanger! lol

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh man I'd totaly be down! But unfortantly the bronco isn't fixed :( but I'm always good to be a passanger! lol
Looks like you have other choices does not have to be a Bronco;) Pasengers are welcome as well keep your eye on this and I am sure we can work out something. Always need an extra photographer:chili:

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
I don't really like offroading with my trucks..after this trip at least.. http://www.titanspot.com/Titan/index.php?showtopic=4457 unsure if you can see the pictures. work computer and the pictures didn't come up..

but here is an idea! Took 4 days to get my truck out..3 days for his! AND he got a flat tire fourth day while helping me out..

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Where were you? Looks kinda like Ptarmigan pass. Do not worry no real big snow banks to get stuck on on this trail.
This was umm..well lets see LOL

go up from denver, on I-70 to idaho springs. Take the exit past idaho springs, falls river road. Follow that all the way up the mountain..then theres this house at the top of the mountain, and you turn right onto a dirt road..this is a dirt road to a guys house about 2 miles up. Theres a side street, also dirt road, which pretty much just ends. Turns into a trail..and yeah..your in the wild lol

lots of open land. beautiful views, and very peacefull!

Those pictures were taken a few days before the first major snow storm hit a couple years ago..you know the 6 weeks of constant 1ft deep snow falls?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,033 Posts
u swapped a ttb 50 in?
No. Wileec pulled his d44ttb, removed C clip, put in D50 slipshaft and spring, we drilled the diff for a bottom plug for easy oil drains, and put it back together. I just came over and drank his beer.:toothless that was friday, the day it hit 104*

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would say Hell YEA im down but I'll be racing at pinks all out. Red cone is a blast! and that picture of the stuck trucks is on yankee hill. The snow can be pretty bad up there for as close as it is. Been there done that.

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yankee was my thought with his description. Looks like I am striking out with the normal cast of characters.Come on all you other denver folks give me some company, else I will have to turn to the jeep folks:brownbag

Got everything back on on Friday night Will run the hub with 2 missing Allen bolts for a while at least they are on opposite sides. Filled her up and drove around a bit in 2 and 4 turning lock to lock, no extra noise and no drips on the garage floor.:thumbup

Don the 50 is the right side inner u joint and slip yoke from a one ton. From what Mark tells me if i were going to break an axle part that would have been it.

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Matt I may have to get with you when I'm done with this move. That sounds like a perfect upgrade as I am looking at staying with the ttb for a while.
Did not know you were moving, where to? Need help? THe axle was real easy especialy with Marks tools.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,033 Posts
If you remember Matt....that inner is as likely to break as the outer, and with you still having it attached to the diff via C clip, you're basically done as far as trail repair. This way (with the new D50 slipshaft) your most likely break will be an outer ujoint and/or shaft, at least that's a repair that can be done on the trail if you have spares. And now JBG sells an alloy outer shaft, so if you ran those with new spicer 760's that would be about as strong as your'e gonna get.

it was good we did this now though Don...his stock slipshaft had gotten moisture in there from his cap at the end of yoke having been blown out for some reason.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.