Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a New shipment of AUSSIE LOCKERS

Has anyone tried the aussie lockers, and if so, do they hold up? By holding up I mean a daily driver that I take off road on weekends. A new shipment will leave the land down under 3/15/08

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Search.

Plenty of people have given them good reviews.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks; I went blank and forgot about the search here. I found everything I wanted to know and more. I am going to buy one monday.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
are you going to install in the front or rear?

·
Registered
897 Posts
OK, so Im a bit of a search moron!!!

Any write up's of these going into a 8.8?? I fould one for the front 44, but not a 8.8.

With my new motor the open dif is NOT going to cut it!!!!!

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
google it. There's at least one 8.8 install (in a jeep, I think), that's linked from the aussie locker site itself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you going to install in the front or rear?
I will be installing it in the front this time, and if I like it I may buy one for the rear. I would like to talk to someone that has one in there Bronco. I built a 5.0 with windsor jr heads ported and polished. along with many HP parts. But keeping it streetable. I would like to know how long they last past the warranty, and if it will hold up to the HP.:rockon

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just a heads up, I just e-mailed Aussie's customer service and the 8.8 locker is on a 4-5 week backorder.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I will be installing it in the front this time, and if I like it I may buy one for the rear. I would like to talk to someone that has one in there Bronco. I built a 5.0 with windsor jr heads ported and polished. along with many HP parts. But keeping it streetable. I would like to know how long they last past the warranty, and if it will hold up to the HP.:rockon
Front would be a good idea... rear, I guess depends on tire size and actual output of your engine. At some point, you're just going too big for what the 8.8 is capable of.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I had one in my 44 that I sheared the pins off of it, but I was abusing it pretty good.

The nice thing about have the pins sheared is that it didn't unlock so I didn't lose power to both front tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not going very big on mine. The part I hate is when i get an an angle and then the limited slip gets me stuck. I am going to stick with a 3inch lift and 33s. It does great as it is now I think with the locker in the front I should be ok, as long as I am not following the route of from monster truck. Although I do have a couple of 9inc rearends.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i beat on mine (installed in the front) with a 4" lift and 33's. i snapped a stub shaft once with a litle too much go pedal and some air under the tires, but the aussie did fine. i think they are made really well.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I absolutly love mine! If you drive on the street much, it's gold. You hardly ever even notice it's there, until you step on the skinny pedal. Mine is in the rear w/ 33's and stock motor, so bigger tires and a built motor could tell another story, but unless mine craps out, it's Aussie from here on out.:thumbup

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shipment on Aussie lockers

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to purchase a Aussie Locker for the Dana 44. I got a email saying that a shipment of only 45 will leave tomorrow. And that the prepaid orders will go out in the order recieved. I was also told that if I paid for one today that I would get one out of this shipment. Anyway just thought I would let everyone know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts