Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i live in south austin and im 17 years old. i dislocated my shoulder twice during the football season and just got surgery. the week before surgery i installed a lift and 36 inch tires but didnt get the time to swap gears! my truck currently has stock gears with 36" tires and i feel like its tearing up my transmission! i was wondering if any of yall would graciously give up a weekend or something to help me out and install my gears for me/ with me. i will pay for beer (if desired), food, gas if you live far away and an extra little amount for your time! but like i said im 17 and short on cash especially after my lift, 8 lug conversion and tires!! i have 4.10 gears for both ttb and dana 60 sitting in my garage ready to go i have tools jack and jack stands just lacking knowledge and two good arms!

if any of yall could help me out i would greatly appreciate it! thanks in advance!!

kyle davis

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might be able to help depending on when you want to do it. My weekends are always full of stuff to do.

*off topic* Maybe you could make the M&G we're having on Feb 23rd to make some friends
well i would have loved to go to the last one but considering im still livin underneath my folks roof they probably wouldnt let me to go to hooters

if it could be anywhere else i would definitely go i just cant...

well a buddy of mine has a 79 f250 and he has 4.11 and they push the 36s just fine so i just settled with 4.10s hopefully they will get the job done for my application.. it is e4od so i have overdrive.. also since im still in school we would have to do the job over the weekend so i could participate... thanks for the advice and help!

kyle

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
That's what he's trying to tell you; it's going to suck driving on the road with 4.10s and 36s. Offroad the higher gears will be fine.

If you do go with the 4.10s, budget in $3,000 for a new tranny after about six months of driving.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
KD190, it may help you to look at a gear calculator and rpm chart for the tire size you want to run. You can find those in the stickies and on most any offroad website. I would agree with the others here that 4.10's, 36's and the E4OD for highway driving may not be much better than the 3.55's you have now. Compare that to 4.88's and see if that puts you back in the engine's powerband. Screaming down I-35 at 3000rpms in 3rd gear will likely shorten your tranny's life by several months.

·
Registered
576 Posts
just a thought do you have the tools to do this job?? like a press for the bearings?? "unless your dad is a t.v. repair and has a awsome set of tools":histerica some vise grips and monkey wrench should do:chili:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey do yall have any first hand accounts of the transmission goin out under my circumstances?

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
i toasted mine while mudding once...it wouldnt shift out of second...3k later i had a moving bronco again

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i toasted mine while mudding once...it wouldnt shift out of second...3k later i had a moving bronco again
that happened to me a while back- it wouldnt shift into third so i capped it off and all is well!

geese where did you go to get a new one? 3k sounds outrageously high

1 - 20 of 42 Posts