Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't just leave her as it is, so might as well start this build thread early! For those of you wondering, her name is Blue.

Feast your eyes upon my 89 XLT featuring an absolutely (not) awesome 5.0. 2" body lift and what seems to be about 4" of suspension lift.

Being that I work for a Ford dealer, most... err, all... of my paycheck will find its way into this rig. :thumbup

Expect some tasteful mods and many hi-res pics to follow!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Good to see you over here Austin...my first suggestion is make it mechanically sound and reliable...then opt for some deeper gears. Anxious to see where this heads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clean looking rig, i like the blue and white paint scheme. what are your plans?
Plan is, like Ben said, make sure the rig is up to date with maintenance and running right. After that, your simple intake/ehaust, a good cleaning up of the interior as well as playing with the paint and clear.

I will be following this build. Like Josh (norfolkff05) said what are your plans?
I'm really digging the blacked out trim on your rig - really stands out.

Good to see you over here Austin...my first suggestion is make it mechanically sound and reliable...then opt for some deeper gears. Anxious to see where this heads.
Read me like a book Ben! A re-gearing seems to be in order after driving around the past few days.

Lookin good fella, glad to see you getting started. I bet you get all the best dibbs on wrecked stuff....lucky
Thanks! Not a lot of wrecks, but we have several abandoned trucks as well as part-a-plenty. Plenty of stuff hanging around waiting for me to play with! :toothless

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
nice looking rig keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I decided to buff out a section of the Bronco to see what I can see... I guess I have to do the whole thing now!

Came out pretty dang good!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finished off the entire rear section today (minus the upper part), and I'm amazed at the scratches that came out of the white paint.

Didn't touch the door; you can see the difference in the white paint.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
254 Posts
looks good! did you use a clay bar on the paint first?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got her running with some thought involved, but running nonetheless. Gonna hit it with the buffer tomorrow and take a ride around town.

Swapped out the XLT headlights for a set off of my Custom. Cleans everything up. Also going to throw on the Custom grille once I paint it black. Got the black Custom trim inside, too - cleans things up with the solid color.

·
Registered
23 Posts
... can do some awesome correction on single stage paints. If memory serves, Ford went to base/clear in '92+ ???? Of course, can also do some great correction on base/clear, provided you have the right tools... looks like you got the "right stuff"!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I really like this color scheme and can never find one for sale. Once I finish Thumper I'm either getting a '79 or 90 model. Maybe both.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got her all ready for the warm months. Top is off til winter, paint is all buffed out. Now I've just got to start going through the little things that are bugging me (read - the scratched up push bar; getting that re-chromed.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That color scheme is beautiful, especially with the buff you put into it, great job
I really like this color scheme and can never find one for sale. Once I finish Thumper I'm either getting a '79 or 90 model. Maybe both.
Very nice looking rig. Love the color scheme. Look forward to following this build. :thumbup
Thanks fellas. Believe it or not, I actually didn't like the color when I bought it; it's growing on me now!

... can do some awesome correction on single stage paints. If memory serves, Ford went to base/clear in '92+ ???? Of course, can also do some great correction on base/clear, provided you have the right tools... looks like you got the "right stuff"!!!
The paint on this one is base/clear. As a matter of fact, I've got a fair share of clear failure on the rig. The hood and roof are toast, the fenders are starting to peel. BUT - what clear is there shines right up! :D

It took me a while, but I'm finally learning how to use the 'right stuff' :toothless

1 - 20 of 34 Posts