Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 bronco all original parts on the fly 4 wheel drive .when i push button to go into 4wd light comes on dash indicating it is in 4wd but it is not I got buried to the axles in sand . rear wheels spin front do not. if i drop truck into neutral push in low range button you hear something engage and truck feels completely different but front wheels still do not spin a guy on the beach told me it was the hubs. and to switch to manual hubs does this sound about right?
I would like to order hubs but i dont know spline count .does anyone know spline count 96 /5.0/xlt thank you

·
Retired
16,018 Posts
Replace them with manual locking hubs. You can pick them up at nearly any auto parts store. Usually under $100 for a set. Then come back and search here to find the how to articles to install them.;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same Issue

I had the same issue just a few months ago the convenience of the auto locking hubs come with a major problem, they break, My 96 had auto and it the same scenario. Click the button. Light comes on, feel as though it engages but it doesnt. Listen when you engage the auto locking hubs if the tranfercase sounds its your hubs by the warn manual.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts