Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here got one? If so which one? I took the cheap route and bought the do-all. Hope I don't regret it but I got it cheap enough that I won't feel bad upgrading later if need arises. Shld be able to run some clays through it next wknd and try it out. If budget were not an issue and u had lots of friends to help keep up this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cK0VC_VVR7I wld be the shiz!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That promatic is for real! I bought the aerial assault. If it works nice I wanna buy the wobble attachment to go with it. Been wantin one for a while and caught a deal. I'll keep u guys posted. Supposed to get here Thursday and shld get to use it Saturday

·
Registered
33 Posts
For auto throwers more money is better. If they are not strong enough they get boring. The most fun is a cheap as dirt hand thrower. Other than that the skeet range works.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
That is trap shooting, not skeet. Skeet requires a high house and low house and you stand at 8 different stations.

That promatic is pretty sweet. I'd like to have one.

But the good ol hand held thrower and the local gun club satisfies my needs

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm from sc.. Here if it is orange clay and flies as a target we call it skeet. If it makes a lot of noise while spinning a string and cuts grass and weeds we call it a weed eater regardless of brand. All circular saws r referred to as skil saws etc. We know and understand the difference its just how we talk. Sorry for the confusion.
I agree the hand thrower is king from the shooter stand point(faster more random) but the wife ain't slinging me no clays and my 7 yo son ain't big enough yet either. Wanted smthn I cld solo w the family. Help keep that boys arse off a video game. Maybe shld a gotten a one step or smthn but I'll try this n see if it sux or not.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw that van u shot up... Pretty cool! For what I invested if ur interested in honing ur shotgun skills I really like my do-all aerial assault. Takes away the tag ur it of hand throwing and allows solo shooting. I'd say it easily throws around 300'.
Unrelated, got a good friend w 13 plus yrs n USAF. He tells me 20,000 ppl must go? They made him a retirement offer to vol leave which he feels pushed to accept. No real question for u here just venting a thought cuz I noticed u r af.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For auto throwers more money is better. If the cheap auto throwers are not strong enough they get boring. The most fun is a cheap as dirt hand thrower. Other than that the skeet range works.
Agree with that. I always believe that the more expensive things are better than the cheap ones. Throwers such as sports equipment suitable for long-term use do not need to save money. Have fun and shoot happily with friends and family.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hit the golf course stand down tee, once you here “four” be ready to shot. That looks like a blast but I never got into shot guns, rifles and handguns in our house.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Apparently I’m on a “really tight budget”. Picked up the Champion from Cabela’s on sale... and used Cabela’s bucks to boot*. Key is taking extra long spikes and a club hammer to nail it to the ground. It’s been adequate for me and the boy.

*Funny story, bought my Bronco with my Cabela’s Card for the points - tipped the balance to pickup a CZ rifle... just after they stopped carrying them (damn Bass Pro :angry less hunting gear, less fishing gear, less camping gear, but you sure can pick up a purdy new table lamp or some other senseless home furnishing junk 2x :angry).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts