Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 xlt 5.8,with a down shifting issue. It seems that when I slow down,it slams from 4th gear(OD) to 3rd gear about 75% of the time.Never does it when up shifting,shifts very smooth in the up shifts.I use the OD off button most of the time to trick the tranny to down shift earlier to avoid the awful slam.sometimes the slam is worst than other times.sometimes it does not do it at all.

the truck has 236,000 miles on it,the tranny and transfer case were rebuilt like three years ago.It down shifts to late,like in the 35 MPH range. I will use the OD off button in the 45 MPH for a smoother shift.So I ask,does anybody know what the problem could be?or had this problem before?Any Ideas or thoughts would be very helpful.I did check the tranny fluid.It was nice and red with no burnt smell to it,and the level was where it was suposed to be.

thanks Jayson;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
mine shifts real late also but but i dont have the slamming if your find why it is downshifting so late pls pm me because when im towing the late downshift is really annoying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.