Votes: 2 7.4%
  • or .......

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need anyone who wants to chime in on whether or not I should go with a manual trans or automatic trans for my 78 Bronco.The specs are 4:88s and 44s with a 460.It will be driven on the street daily and for off road, it will be all mud.I'll tip over if i try to flex on a pebble so rocks are out of the picture .I also will be towing our waverunner/speed boat occasionally so I have to look at all the pros and cons.Granny low gear or c6 and no shifts/clutch?.All and any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
I would think if you were going to us it mostly in mud I would go with the C6. I don't think you would want to loose your momentum by trying to shift a manual trans and it's going in a 78 Bronco right? Well I have an NP435 trans for my 79 and that thing isn't the best for quick shifts. So that's why I would think you would want to go C6 if you are mudd'n it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
:stupid I would think the C6 to keep up your momentum. A manual would slow you down every time you had to shift. I guess you could throw it in 2nd or 3rd and leave it there with a stick and try to keep the tires spinning, but my vote is for the C6.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cmayer31 said:
:stupid I would think the C6 to keep up your momentum. A manual would slow you down every time you had to shift. I guess you could throw it in 2nd or 3rd and leave it there with a stick and try to keep the tires spinning, but my vote is for the C6.
I was thinking about doing the same exact thing but that would delete the purpose of the granny low 1st gear.:banghead

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
For mud, I would go with the C6, and a GOOD tranny cooler, just stand on the stupid pedal and go go go, besides, no clutch to get mud packed and wear out prematurely. Just my .02

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Being from the land of mud, I say momentum is the key, and these guys are right...go C6!! :thumbup

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have a c6 laying around =)?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
80% say C6. So C6 it is

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i still havent decided because finding a c6 for my rig is hard to do around here.So if worse comes to worse i have to opt for the manual...Either way i dont mind on which trans.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i still havent decided because finding a c6 for my rig is hard to do around here.So if worse comes to worse i have to opt for the manual...Either way i dont mind on which trans but i prefer the c6 but if i cant find one,ill get the np435

1 - 16 of 16 Posts