Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Autopage C3-RS-665 alarm on my 91 Bronco. The shop has been closed for a few years now. I cannot bring it back there to service the alarm. I can use the remote starter to start the bronco. It starts perfectly. If I preset the heat/ac, I can feel air coming fron the vents warm or cold like it should. But I can hear a clicking every second or so, like a relay opening and closing. At the same time, the battery gauge goes up and down a little bit, while the air coming out the vents comes and goes. The air isn't a steady stream like when the key is on. Parking lights, doorlocks, etc, all work fine except the heat/ac popping on and off. This relay sound clicks regardless the heat/ac is preset on or not. Its coming near my main wire harness by the alarm and steering column.

·
Super Moderator
26,984 Posts
yo,
re; "...all work fine except the heat/ac popping on and off..air coming out the vents comes and goes...the battery gauge goes up and down a little bit"
I will address the blower motor as turning on & off.
The Blower Motor Current Draw is relatively high; Low 6 amps; Medium Low 8 amps; Medium High 15 amps; High 25 amps; so the motor starting/stopping will cause that gauge to jump up and down

That alarm has a few relays in it; here is the Installation Manual
Dwell on:
Brown Wire –Accessory Output (Heater /AC Output)
Brown Wire –Accessory Output (Heater /AC Output)
See page 8; "Connect the BROWN wire to the accessory wire in the vehicle that powers the climate control system. An accessory wire will show + 12 volts when the ignition switch is turned to the “ACCESSORY” or “ON” and “RUN” positions, and will show 0 Volts when the key is turned to the “OFF” and “START” or“CRANK” position. There will often be more than one accessory wire in the ignition harness. The correct accessory wire will provide power to the vehicle’s climate control system. Some vehicles may have separate wires for the blower motor and the air conditioning compressor. In such cases, it will be necessary to add a relay to power the second accessory wire."
Time to get a garden hose section or even gift wrap tube to track down that probable relay click. Check wiring, etc.

First try this on page 27:
The unit has the ability to report the cause of the last shutdown of the remote start system.

If nothing helps with that; check the Black Wire: System Ground; some use the factory ground inside driver kick panel... trace that Black.

GL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts