so I can drop into '94 FSB
mounting holes in mount for Block are off by 1/8 "
actual mount interferes with Block not allowing holes to line up
anybody else seen this problem ?????

will NAPA be any different ????

·
Registered
710 Posts
That's not the problem... the holes aren't off at all. You will need to cut one very small bit off of the corner of the mounts. I can't remember exactly where it is, but get back under there and look at what it's hitting. I think on the driver's side it was hitting the Housing for the oil filter. The passenger side might have been ok, or I might have been hitting something there as well. either way, all I had to do was chop off just a little off of the corner so it would clear it's obstacles.

I just went through this a few months ago, took a while before I saw what was happening.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just had the same damn problemwith them and NAPA, go to Oreillys they have a good american brand that fit... i had one at Napa that was the same way made in india... the hole was an unbelivable 1/2" off...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had just wrote this on another thread about my disappointment with Autozone:

Im finding myself less happy with Duracrap parts and the service ive been getting from all of their stores, the past few years save for the one in Royse City... I took back motor mounts that didnt fit, and I mean it was obvious that the bolt holes were not even, even took in the original, showed it to the manager who treated me like I was an idiot, he boxed them up and put them back on the shelf.... I gladly took my money back at that point instead of getting others... granted I was a little hot for having to take motor back out for a second time cuz i couldnt get them on... On my Trans am they told me (different store) that my alternator was bad even though it never dropped below 12+ on my gauge when I had an itermitant problem with turning the key, everything powered up but no cranky... so I finally gave in, swapped my alt, only to have the problem persist. I get a starter from them, install, connect battery to have the car trying to start itself... second starter no problem... then a week later, driving halfway between longview and dallas on I20, the new alternator dies... Hello Oreillys!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Just as a service to your fellow Americans, you may want to consider writing or calling AutoZone's headquarters. Let them know the kind of chinese shit they're selling is unacceptable, and that you've gone to the competition for an American-made part.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I seem to remember this happening on another board. They said they got a shipment in with the boxes marked properly, but the same part was in each box...ie left side engine mount in box 1 and 2. They said they went back 3 or 4 times then finally called an out of state warehouse and it appeared to be mislabeled boxes/parts (however you want to look at it). At least that's the way the story was told.

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
Just as a service to your fellow Americans, you may want to consider writing or calling AutoZone's headquarters. Let them know the kind of chinese shit they're selling is unacceptable, and that you've gone to the competition for an American-made part.
Very good :thumbup
I had changed mine out about three years back and had no isues with them. I had taken the bronco to wallymart to get the oil changed and the guy said he had to jack the engine over to get the filter on:shocked. I looked at it and told him it was the wrong filter, on the way home I noticed a vibration and wasn't shocked to find a torn drivers side mount. From that point I only dealt with them on one other ocasion and they messed that up to. I dont let them touch my bronco any more.

·
Registered
331 Posts
good idea since its obviously not a one time thing...

it was explained to me before after having alignment issues puttin my buddies 93 stang front end back together with brand new fenders(he went hog hunting at 80mph, stang + 300lb pregnant sow = destruction and prenatal piglets on road) is that ford sold their tooling to the highest bidder and after years and years of use the metal used to stamp out these parts deforms... he had to go find 93 mustang fenders after trying the new chinese ones and an '89 fender... maybe the same for the metal part of the mounts, but youd think theyd get the holes lined up at least...

·
Registered
104 Posts
i just had both my mounts replaced and ran in same problem with autozones mounts. i ended up ordering from the dealer and waiting for like 3 weeks til they came in.

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
Very good :thumbup
I had changed mine out about three years back and had no isues with them. I had taken the bronco to wallymart to get the oil changed and the guy said he had to jack the engine over to get the filter on:shocked. I looked at it and told him it was the wrong filter, on the way home I noticed a vibration and wasn't shocked to find a torn drivers side mount. From that point I only dealt with them on one other ocasion and they messed that up to. I dont let them touch my bronco any more.
they would be paying for my time and new parts.

i change my own oil for a reason

·
Registered
195 Posts
Autozone corporate will no way no how ever change the quality of their parts vendors. As long as consumers have the mentality to choose cheap over quality.

They switched before over certain complaints when it came to the quality of their fuel pumps. The pumps they were selling before 04 would die out before 3 months and poor bastards who paid some offhand shop 600 bucks in labor are S.o.l.

Competent gearheads who choose quality parts tend to stray away from autozone, but believe me the loss of business is hardly noticed as long as you have "smart" shoppers.

Be careful when shopping at the zone.
Believe me I work there.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
You make it sound as if we have no choice. I vote with my wallet. I no longer set foot in AutoZone, nor do I recommend any of their products, and I have complained several times to their district and regional managers.

And yes, I used to work for their evil corporate machine, in a former life. :cry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is RE my previous post

AUTOZONE: (Duralast) p/n 2564, Two different sets did NOT fit (MADE IN CHINA).

NAPA: (Balkamp) p/n 2564, called Two different stores to verify stock and asked both clerks to read on box where made FRIGG'N CHINA !!!!!

O'Reilly/Kragen, what ever name they are this week......
(Anchor brand) p/n 2564.......JESUS !!!!!! 1 made in China, the other made in freak'n Tie-Juan
They BOTH FIT......

Welcome to AMERICA !!!!!!!

AND FYI....The people at "WEST COAST BRONCOS" are super
they build awsome Toys I just did not want to spent that much money on their Motor mounts, although they would last a lifetime........

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
This is why I do all I can to stick with American Made/built in house/long standing reputation companies. It may cost a little more up front, but it'll save you the headaches and will have a much longer life span. Sure I'll buy fluids and fasteners from the chain stores, but if it can break/wear out/fail I'll look elsewhere 99% of the time.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Autozone corporate will no way no how ever change the quality of their parts vendors. As long as consumers have the mentality to choose cheap over quality.

They switched before over certain complaints when it came to the quality of their fuel pumps. The pumps they were selling before 04 would die out before 3 months and poor bastards who paid some offhand shop 600 bucks in labor are S.o.l.

Competent gearheads who choose quality parts tend to stray away from autozone, but believe me the loss of business is hardly noticed as long as you have "smart" shoppers.
Stumbled upon this thread 'cause I need to do mounts in my '95 F250 w 351. Gee, I wondered why the fan shroud was missing a big chunk up top when I got the truck.

Anyway, I completely agree w the Autozone comments. I had already decided I would not buy something like motor mounts from them. As long as we have the Wal-Mart generation of shoppers always looking for the lowest price, places like AutoZone will continue to offer crap AND make a hefty profit.

I've virutally stopped going to Autozone because they're sooooo understaffed. They're understaffed because they want MINIMAL payroll, which combined w crappy vendors is how they offer low prices.

I only step foot in Autozone to dump my waste oil, and they're always so busy with no more than 2 guys working that I can stroll in back, pour my oil and walk out with no one noticing. I'm not gonna wait 15 minutes in line just to give them my info.

Oh, and I knew a guy from another Bronco forum who did get an Autozone fuel pump for his '89 and it did die after 3 mos. Then people always say, "But it's got a lifetime warranty." Great.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts