Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. This is probably not the right forum for this but I thought you guys that don't like autozone would love this.
Monday, my left front hub outer bearing totally blew apart causing alot of damage. Well tuesday I got a ride to autozone to get parts I needed.
I got: 2 brake rotors, 2 calipers, brake pads, bearings, seals and a tub of grease.
Well after tearing things apart, I found out that the left hub was toast. I ordered a hub/rotor combo from napa. So now this means that I will only be using one of the rotors that I got at autozone.
Now for the part that you guys will love.
Autozone never charged me for the rotors. I was going to return the unused rotor for a refund, checked the reciept to see how much I was getting back and to my surprize, no rotors on the reciept. And to boot, I'm getting $$22 back for the core on the calipers.:chili:
Thought you guys would get a kick out of that.
Bill

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Oh how I hate Auto Zone!!! Consider it payment for all the gas you will waste in the future returning wrong parts to them because they gave you the wrong parts the first time!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure where you guys live, but in Ca. where I live it is Kragen that can't get things right. Autozone people here are usually pretty good. But hey good score...I'll take that screw up anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I agree, I have yet to get a wrong part from the zone, and 95% of the time they actualy have the part I'm looking for. Now Kragen and Pep Boys don't seem to actualy carry auto parts any more, heck if you walk into the store 1/3 to 1/2 of the store is toys and power tools. Mind you I don't mind power tools, but what the [email protected]*k is a skill saw doing in an auto parts store anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Auto Zone

I guess it's where you live up here in NH never got the wrong part have at other parts stores.
nhp

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
My Autozone here in WA is pretty good.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
I haven't really ever had a problem with autozone myself. Once or twice, but in the end I suppose it was really my fault. Guess other zones have total idiots working for them. One place I DO have a problem with most of the time, is Advanced...just seems like every person in the place thinks they know it all when they really dont know chit.

·
has no skidplate
4,322 Posts
i got a wrong part once, but it was my fault for not comparing the new to the old, i just took my free brake pads and left, got home realized they wouldn't fit (were front pads i was doing the rear), brought them back they swapped me the right ones no question, they waranteed them because he said there's no way a duralast gold pad should have worn out in the 6 mo's they were on there

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
i dunno why people bust theyre balls to be honest, that goes for all parts stores. i always know who to talk to at those places, theres always one or two guys who know what theyre talking about at the stores. and if not, i know enough about what im doing that i just say get me this, and only this, nothing else. they get it i buy it, job well done. llol

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts
Not sure where you guys live, but in Ca. where I live it is Kragen that can't get things right. Autozone people here are usually pretty good. But hey good score...I'll take that screw up anywhere.
DOnt know what your talking about, i have ALWAYS got the correct part from Kragen, and when there out of something they get it for me by the next day with a 10% discount... :rockon

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I guess it depends on where you live. Here in N. AL all there stores SUCK!!! They have diagrams(in plain view behind the counter) but refuse to refer to them when they cant find a part in the computer system quickly. I have even bought parts from them one month and needed another a month later and they will swear they have never carried that part??WTF!! but the best has been in the past week. I went and asked for a inner spindel reapir kit and gave them the part #. They said they dont carry them and never have, i explained I bought them here in the past 6 months and he told me that was not possiable. TODAY I went and picked up 2 wheel seals, so he asked which ones and pulled both off the shelf. Guess what, he brought me the wheel seal and the spindle kit I had asked the very same guy a week ago for and the part # was even the same. So I asked him how long he has been working here, he said 11 years. I told him I cant beleave you still have a job!!!!

So I guess its the people they hire down here, they dont seem to be very out going!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Doesn't matter which parts supplier they all suck...I worked at AZ when I was in college...can't immagine how many people's cars I f'ed up. The secret is being smarter than the parts monkey behind the counter...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think Matt said it best, it depends on the guy behind the counter. My local Advanced is great but my local AZone leaves a lot to be desired. They haven't hired the right 'one or two guys' yet.
... i always know who to talk to at those places, theres always one or two guys who know what theyre talking about....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Here in Houston, I use O'Reillys. They do have the one or two knowledgable people.
Autozone is one block away and there is a waiting line everytime I go in there so I just skip them. Do not like to stand in line for 15 minutes to talk with a dummy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have them all where I live Pep Boys, Kragen, Autozone and Napa. They are all about the same except for the Napa folks. Everytime I go in there they seem like they just dont want to be bothered with helping you. Other than that they are all about the same. I look up my parts on line, print out the list then head off to the one that has what I need. One thing I found out was the Kragen price online is cheaper than in the store, but if you print out what you need from the website with the price they will sell for that price. Since I always look up my parts first it saves a few $$$.

·
Registered
249 Posts
One thing I found out was the Kragen price online is cheaper than in the store, but if you print out what you need from the website with the price they will sell for that price. Since I always look up my parts first it saves a few $$$.
x2...I love their new feature where you order and pay online, then you just walk in there and they have your order waiting...genius I tell ya...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts