Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
oh they did that right

Ive still got a bet going with a friend (cant remember which one) for 5 bucks saying the camaro wont come back.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I'm just happy to see domestic car companies listening to customers.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
now i know why I waited before deciding on a new car... for this..

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I like it even better then the Charger. I didn't think I would like the Charger at all but was really surprised.

Don't care for the orange.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
the styling, the power, the price...this thing is a home run. it's great to see these cars coming back.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Beautiful car for sure.

I also agree... The styling, performance, and the price are all right where they should be. Definently awesome.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's hard for a lifetime Ford fan to say but...

I am really liking the things that Chrysler is bringing to the table.

Come on, the new Mustang with that undersized 4.6 and only 300 HP.

I can make that with half the cubes.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
So far it looks good, can't wait to see the actual car in person.

If and when GM releases the Camaro, I'm curious to see if it's build quality and ergonomics will be better than the POS F-Body.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh they did that right

Ive still got a bet going with a friend (cant remember which one) for 5 bucks saying the camaro wont come back.
I agree

given the lack of thinking at GM I wouldn't put it past them to $h!tcan it yet again.

Even if it does show up it's drive train is already sucking hind tittie compared to the 475 horse supercharged Mustang GT 500 and the 6.1 litre Hemi with no power adders needed.

The 400 horse LS motor they have on tap is already a loser against those two.

Styling-wise the Camaro concept is also lacking. The Challenger captures the old and new far better than the Camaro and the Mustang is just a run away hit over both of them IMHO.

The only drawback the GT 500 has is that always on, always draining your tank supercharger(and the price).

The Hemi intrigues me because it comes with cylinder de-activation for decent to good hwy mileage.

I'm gonna be test driving one of these Challengers this year :chili:

Sixlitre

p.s./
Joe the orange is a Mopar thing. They just couldn't offer it without that colour as an option.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Ghey. No option for a manual transmission.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ghey. No option for a manual transmission.
I don't believe Mopar has a 5 speed that will take that kind of power. True their Viper six speed will, but that will probably come later.

Keisler DOES have 5 and 6 speeds and if Mopar doesn't move before they do Keisler will have a kit out so fast Mopar will have missed the boat.

Sixlitre

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
I hope you're right.

Called me old-fashioned, but I think if you've got a vehicle with that kind of horsepower, it requires a driver with at least some driving skill, and you damn sure better be able to shift the gears yourself. Call it a "preventive measure" to keep it out of the hands of idiots.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
i saw that years back at the NYC auto show, and i have been soooooo excited

i dont like what they did with the charger...its a nice looking car, but it sure as hell doesnt resemble a charger. so by doing the challenger and doing it right im super happy.

i just hope someone brings back my cuda even though there is no plymouth anymore. becuase cudas prices are outrageous and i will never own a old one

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
o0o0o Not too shabby. I've been looking into a classic muscle car in the next few years. I was veering away from the Mustang in favor of looking at the new Camaros when they came out. The Chargers are nice, but a little bulky and because of that acceleration is... mehh. This Challenger is looking nice. A little lighter than the Charger, not as granny-looking, two doors.... not to mention it looks more authentic than any of the other muscle cars the Big Three have been reviving. I will take a serious look into those when they hit the lots - I'd probably have to go for the black, orange is too gaudy, and silver is too cheap.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
i still want a new model mercury cougar. love it like the plague, might end up having to get one like sway's sometime.

edit:

i dig the new mopar, it does need a manual though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts