Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This post has only recently been updated to reflect the changes of the new board. I hope this makes things easier for all our noobs.

PC Based Avatar Tutorials...
Maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

Saving an image to your PC
1. Right click on the image and choose SAVE PICTURE AS.
2. This opens a box called SAVE PICTURE.
3. Click the drop down box next to SAVE IN: and choose DESKTOP. You should now have a .GIF or .JPG file on your Desktop.

Load from your PC
1. Go to the top of the FSB page and click on User CP and then Edit Avatar to get into your customize Avatar page for FSB.
2. Select "Do not use an avatar" and Save Changes to remove ANY Avatar you may currently have. (Not necessary to replace an Avatar.)
3. You may upload a new custom image. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer.
..3a. Enter Avatar URL: Copy an Paste an image address to use an avatar online.
..3b. Upload an Avatar From Your Computer: Click the BROWSE button to the right.
.......This opens a CHOOSE FILE window. Click the drop down box next to LOOK IN: and BROWSE for the file on your PC.
.......Once you find it, click on it to highlight it and click OPEN button when you see the file name in the FILENAME box.
.......Now at the bottom of the screen, click on the SAVE CHANGES button.
(If you saved this file from somewhere and no longer need it, feel free to delete the saved file once it's uploaded to the site.)

Enjoy your new Avatar! :cheers:

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
OK heres a computer illeterate question... how do you resize pics... didnt seem like I could in properties and couldnt find it anywhere else either!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have been using that for years great proggy

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
yup, I got that too :thumbup .. found it a coupla years ago as well .. it does batch conversions too!! ... meaning you can highlight like 20 pictures (whatever amount) and do them all at the same time :beer

Perfect when your camera setting gets all out of wack by accident and you have 1680x2400 <-- or whatever it is ........ pictures that are just not web friendly :p

·
Premium Member
34,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not bad... so where were you guys when I posted that other weak one?
I'd have been using this one all along... notice the fine work on the Avatar? :thumbup

Nice find Joe... THANKS FOR SHARING!

Greedy SOB's = :goodfinge
Joe = :beer

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,608 Posts
Sorry in advance. I went to the site that Joe put up. I am an idiot, I still cant figure out what I have to do to make my pictures smaller.

A little help from my friends, PLEASE>

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,608 Posts
I dont know what to do. I am a little slow and under Heavy Medication......

I did not know where to go once I clicked on the site.

Thanx in advance, 94

·
Registered
196 Posts
so
you had a little extra time on your hands to kill today?

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,608 Posts
Pepe` when I click on "WIN XP" I get

File Download
you are downloading the files
iview385.exe from im1. tucows.com
Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer?

open save cancel more info

Not Step 1 of 2 Why?

Thanx again my brother,

1 - 20 of 75 Posts