Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can help.
the first thing you need to do is take your PC back to the store you bought it and have them REMOVE XP and install a nice safe 98se

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,627 Posts
I dont think its the computer at all but the dummy punching in the information:shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
152 Posts
:brownbag ok...i got my personal profile pic to get in there, but when i try and get the avatar to work. and i did have it at 100 by 75 pixels, the damn thing wont stick...somethin about 10000 mb or kb or somethin like that...sheesh

·
Registered
152 Posts
:rockon ill try and take another pic of it and see if i can get that one to work...and if that one has issues ill send it to ya...half the fun of having something look good is puting it together yer self...

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Pepe - I need your expertise. I downloaded Irfan and it works great resizing my pics. However, when I open a jpg from my pics on the Irfan viewer, it's changed into a bitmap image that cannot be used as an avatar. . . please help!

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
johnski: Hey bud... after you resize the image to 100x100 (or smaller) then use the FILE > SAVE AS function to save the file. This will give you all the available saving options and allow you to specify the format you want to save in (.jpg, .gif, .png, etc).

Hope that helps... if not, PM me with details of what exactly your doing and trying to do. :thumbup

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
The Legend said:
the download is nice and I have XP. I do have a problem though. I can't figure out how to reduce it to less than 10 kb. I can resize it to 100 x 75 but it always ends up in the 17 - 18 kb range. What am i missing?
I'm trying to change my avatar, too, and am having the exact same problem. Help!

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
RavenTBK said:
Email your pic to me and I'll shrink it down for you.

[email protected]
I sent you my pic. I'd also like to know how you can get it down under 10000b so I wouldn't have to bother you do do it for me.

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts
<URL removed>

There ya go.. 100x75 @ 5k

OR..heres a bonus fer ya

<URL removed>
Here's 100x75 @ 8k.. image edited (colors/contrast/etc) to look pretty and all.. even though you cant really tell at 100x75.. the image does look a lot clearer than stock. :thumbup I could've gone smaller with the size.. but I struck a comprimise between the size limit, and image clarity.

I'm an image editing junkie. :D I used Photoshop7.. easy to do, and I have no problems doing it again for you or anybody else if need be.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts