Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hope the moderator doesn't mind...
I resize images to upload by first opening the pic in windows paint, then click on "image", then "resize/skew", change the horizontal and vertical to 20%(could be 25 if image is less in size) then save the new photo, when it asks for pic title, i usually just add an A,B,or C at the end of the photo name, the finished pic will be about 64k which should put you below the upload size. After saving, browse for the photoA and upload!

Hope this helps... (I also posted this in the how to upload pics post...cause someone asked about resizing and uploading)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
So im trying to set my avatar. i resized it to 100x75 (7kb) using photobucket but when i copy/paste the IMG code and click submit i guess it comes to a preview screen where it says "invalid file". Is the IMG code not the one i want to use or am i doing something else wrong?

·
Low Buck Bum
3,500 Posts
So im trying to set my avatar. i resized it to 100x75 (7kb) using photobucket but when i copy/paste the IMG code and click submit i guess it comes to a preview screen where it says "invalid file". Is the IMG code not the one i want to use or am i doing something else wrong?
Try the "direct download" link instead.

·
Registered
89 Posts
how the hell

i want to change my avatar with a supermotors account pic and it keeps sayin i have a bad url wtf ......and i tried uploadin it from my comp and it says bad request what am i doing wrong:smilie_slap

·
Premium Member
35,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I would assume your not using the correct format for an actual URL when attempting to load from SuporMotors. The brackets are a tag that specify to the message board to display the image directly, rather than just a link. It's provided by SuperMotors to allow you to post an image directly into a message, but will cause confusion if your entering the bracket tags in with the url. To load from SuperMotors try entering the address w/out the [img] tags on either end.

If I'm wrong... no pics, no good description and this ain't the psychic friends network... so some more details will help.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Trying to upload a Avatar Gif from my compter but it is not working. The pic size is under 100kb and less than 100x100 I tried a million times I give up.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,187 Posts
Trying to upload a Avatar Gif from my compter but it is not working. The pic size is under 100kb and less than 100x100 I tried a million times I give up.
Could you send it to me to goof around with? [email protected]

You can also just upload it somewhere for me to grab.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am pretty computer savy, I build my own systems from scratch and have a little experience making animated GIF's and such. It makes no sense why my pic is not uploading. I will give it a few more tries. I hope it don't have any thing with me having a free membership or not having 75 posts?

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,187 Posts
Avatars are not membership-restricted. Let me know if you need any help.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have tried bmp, gif, png, jpeg and none of those formats work. the size is like half the max limit. The pic below shows what I get every time I try to upload from my pc.

[/IMG]

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,187 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thank you schwim.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts