Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i need the info decoded from this tag on the axel, it may shed some light on some problems im having, also i searched and the dana site doesnt show anything, basically i kneed to know where the rear axel came from what vehicle and what year

wfe-aw 8kb
3L50 9 3.66A

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
If it's for the two wheel drive truck there isn't too much that should matter. unless you are repairing the wheel bearings. All of those trucks had a 9" rear axle and the only thing that change in them was the wheel bearing size.

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but it may not be the original rear end the truck is a collage of parts, and the back of the diff has a sealed cover that was aparently opened at one point

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
derrick36 said:
OK?

9"

Do you ever search for stuff? Google maybe?
Very true. I know it had a 9" at one point in it's life but he said that the cover looked like it had been taken off, and the 9" never had a removable cover on the back

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
From the way it sounds it is probably the OEM axle to that truck. I don't have al;l of the #'s in my book but 3L50 means 3.50 ratio the "L" means limited slip diff. The "9" means 9 inch ring gear. So my guess is it's the one from that truck.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Does the front of the diff look like this?

Then it's a 9".

Does the back of the diff look like this?

Then it's an 8.8".

According to the tag I'd say it was a 3.50 L/S. I think the opens had a space or an "O" instead of the "L". I would say the tag also says it's a 9".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts