Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I searched around a bit, and can't find a definite yes on this question, so pardon me if I missed it. I'm pretty sure this is pobssible from my own experience, but I want a solid agreement before I get in over my head.

Will Econoline axles bolt up to our trucks pretty easy? Or will there be major mods necessary? I have a line on a 10.25 8 lug rear at a good price, but it's coming out of a van.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh. I looked at it today, and i could swear it was a sterling. Altho, it is also highly possible that I am mistaken. ;) In any event, it is an HD 8 lug.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
what year... that might narrow it down even better.

Best bet is to bust out the tape and check yourself, because like you said it hasnt been talked about to a definate yet so get us the info!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent idea. Gonna jump up under the Bronco later this week, and measure stuff out.

Next day off, i'll cruise out to where the van is at, check measurements on it, and hopefully pull an axle. I might run and check a couple others he has sitting out there, too, and see what a few different years come out as. I'm hoping the spring plates on these things end up being the same, or at least close enough for gov't work.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
someone said that too... but they said it exactly like you did..... "I thought" It would be interesting to find out for sure

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
No, the housing is offset more to one side. For example, a truck D60 uses the same shaft on each side. On a van D60/61, one shaft is about 4" longer than the other.

Van rears are also wider typically than truck rears, and are more likely to be D61s or 70-2s with the offset pinion. Those are basically useless, since you can't easily put gears deeper than 4.10 in them. Locker choices are also nil.

Point is, it might work. You might have to move the perches (should rotate them anyway) and build new shock mounts, but the first step is to get the BOM and find out exactly what it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts