Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t seem to find a straight answer on this. I have a 95 Bronco and I’m Looking for an 8.8 and front 3rd member for a Dana 44 TTB with 4.10 gears. What year trucks can I get them out of because I’m pretty sure I remember reading that the newer 8.8s have the speed sensor in them and the older ones don’t. I’m also curious about the ABS compatibility. Any help appreciated.

·
Man of endless projects
9,235 Posts
4.10 gears are very rare option in f150/bronco. think ive only seen 1 truck in person with it and it also had front limited slip. the 1st gen Lightnings had 4.10 gears but there also hard to find. unless you get gears from another vehicles 8.8 and swap them. you might try car-part.com to find it under a 95 f150. there were a few in my area mostly from lightnings

the front axle is abit easier to find a 3rd memeber for. you can find a D44HD or a D50 from an F250 and they swap right in. the 44HD is direct swap while the D50 swaps in easilly but i would recommend getting the inner stub shaft for. theres a thread about using the D50. ive put them in many trucks as a cheap way to get 4.10 gears. you can also find them on ebay, a user named chevy_eater use to sell them both for about 350$ after shipping which isnt bad. he doesnt show any for sale now but if you message him he might

as for compatibility of D44 axles, thats abit tricky as technically you can swap any year TTB in 80-96. but there are differences between years. the 4WABS broncos were only 94-96 and they have a speed sensor on each side and have a reluctor wheel on the hub. 95-96 broncos had 'dual wheel seal' which have different spindles, hub, wheel seal when 80-94 were single. 80-91 used 6-studs to hold on spindle while 92-96 used 5-studs. the brake rotors pads and calipers changed around 94. so theres alot of little things that changed but also important

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,028 Posts
87+ 8.8 axles had the VSS provision in the rear axle. Thats what you need. You'll be looking for a certain code in the axle slot on the door jamb sticker. 15, H5, or H52 will all designate 4.10 gears. H5 is rear limited slip. H52 is both limited slip. On an F250 for the front diff, as noted above, the code will be 35, for an open diff one ton axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts