Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am jammin on the lift install. but i got down to the last few brackets and this lil bracket wont go in!!! what do you guys reccomend? i tried smackin it in w/ a hammer and everything... it just doesnt fit in the lil pocket that they provide you from the stock brackets... am i installing this wrong or what? i went by the instructions!!!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i needed to use a large crescent wrench and open the pocket alitt. the bracket bends in when the pivit is tourqued down.

this is the mount and the back support out of my bronco.

if you wanted to know why i took it all out ---well i installed Class II mounts.

.....mike

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hrm... alright thanks guys for backin me up w/ the pics
i'll maybe try heating it up today and bendin it out a bit more. i tried using vise grips and a breaker bar, and ,l,large crescent wrench, and smackin it in there w/ a sledge.... not sure why they made it so tough:doh0715:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the ball joint remover we FINALLY ended up finding DIDNT fit...
we ended up doing the most ghetto thing you've ever seen.
first we torched it and got all the rubber out, then we attempted to smack the sheemetal flange deal out w/ a flathead screwdriver and a fat sledge and couldnt get it to budge, so we ended up grinding off the outside flange and then we ended up using a sawsawl to fit a lil lip in the entire metal thing, then we cracked it w/ the sledge and a flathead AGAIN... we got it done like 3 hours later.... but we coulda done it right w/ the right tools in like 10 of corse...
owell
sorry for the shitty writeup

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o and as far as the axle bracket goes....
we ended up heating the shit outta the bracket until it was glowing hot and we actually ran outta propane...
then we slapped a vise grip on the bottom and bent it as much as we can(hittin it w/ a hammer)
then greased the shit outta the bracket and slipped it right on in!
wish you luck if neone has to do it

o btw, do i really have to weld the bracket in?
o and i totally forgot, we actually ended up using a hydrolic jack to jack the truck up by the bracket slowly and it slipped into place

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
it is best to tack in all mount if not the Class II since there is less mounting points. if you only use bolts then add to you check list (@ each oil change and off road adventure) to check the bolts. they will loosen some ......mike
if you have access to a welder zap some tacs around the mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts