Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I finally have question. According to the tag on my rear axle, it has 3.08 gears and is an 8.8. Are these gears compatible with 33 inch tires?
Thanks.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
robbiedog said:
OK guys, I finally have question. According to the tag on my rear axle, it has 3.08 gears and is an 8.8. Are these gears compatible with 33 inch tires?
Thanks.
Look at the second sticky topic in the 1980-'96 Bronco forum. It will be everything you want to know and then some. Do it when you'll have time to read through it all. Personally I do not know if 3.08s can do it for 33s.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant the GEARs sticky in the tech writeup. But the one above will probably have some good info for you also.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
robbiedog said:
Thanks.
I personally wouldnt run that setup. Just take a look at the sticky.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
robbiedog said:
Are these gears compatible with 33 inch tires?
Nope.
If you put those tires on with those gears your engine will blow up the next time you try to start it.

J/K :histerica

Campatable, yea you can drive on them.
Recomended, no.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swampy,yea, but I got under the thing to do an oil change and decided it was a good time to look up this stuff.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gacknar said:
Nope.
If you put those tires on with those gears your engine will blow up the next time you try to start it.

J/K :histerica

Campatable, yea you can drive on them.
Recomended, no.
BOOM!!!!!!!! Aw, man!

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
I bought my bronco and it came with 3.07 with 32" tires. I coudn't turn the tires over on gravel. So weak. I think it helped out my tranny to die. 4.11 now should be alot better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts