Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
My Haynes manual mentions an O ring that goes into the C clip groove behind the clip, Chiltons manual doesn't mention it. When I pulled my axles there were no O rings. Does anyone know anything about this O ring? What it does and do I need it? Thanks!!

J

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ford 8.8???

If so there is no o ring by the c clip. The only seals are at the axle shafts themselves. The shafts slide into the carrier/spiders and the c clip gets installed and the center pin installed to retain the shafts.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford 8.8???

If so there is no o ring by the c clip. The only seals are at the axle shafts themselves. The shafts slide into the carrier/spiders and the c clip gets installed and the center pin installed to retain the shafts.
Well, maybe just a Haynes typo then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my 8.8 has them. it doesnt matter that you guys dont have them at all. i have asked around and been told multiple times they dont really serve a purpose and dont need them.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the o rings were put there to make it harder to remove the c clips and to piss us off
Yeah, I figured it was something like that. Just thought I'd ask! Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have been through so many 8.8 rears in Explorers, F150,E150, Town Car, Crown Vic, Expeditions and mustangs and i have never seen o rings. Weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts