Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my bronco i was wondering if it would be better just to upgarde my 8.8" rear axle to a Ford 9" or should i stick with the 8.8"? Also if i am going to be offroading quite a bit should i lock the front and rear axles or just the back? Also would i need new ring and pinons for larger tires?

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
I hate to rain on your parade but your visit here might be rather un-pleasant if you piss people off by not searching, then asking questions you could find the answer to by clicking on a few more threads on this page....:twak

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
If you search, you will find about 4 major threads regarding this subject. Having a 96, you will likely be limited as to what you can do because of the VSS unless your fsb has a manual tranny.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
THE_REAL_ RAINER said:
For my bronco i was wondering if it would be better just to upgarde my 8.8" rear axle to a Ford 9" or should i stick with the 8.8"? Also if i am going to be offroading quite a bit should i lock the front and rear axles or just the back? Also would i need new ring and pinons for larger tires?
I think this thread will show you exactly what your looking for.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60144

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
I hate to rain on your parade but your visit here might be rather un-pleasant if you piss people off by not searching, then asking questions you could find the answer to by clicking on a few more threads on this page....:twak
i know im pissed...
fawking search. say the words "i will use search before i ask a question" as a nightly mantra until it burns in your head like an ember- red branding iron.

youll want to re-gear if you want to keep any kindof MPG with bigger tires. i would upgrade to the 9"- but it depends on engine size, tranny, t-case set-up, what your goals are with your rig...
ace

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
all the answers to your questions lay within the deep catacombs of this website. for future reference, we gladly help people WHO HELP THEMSELVES. :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts